Metal Gear 2 (SOL) - PCSX2 1.2.1 - slow - which settings
dont give the guy false hope which what your doing.

Sponsored links

(05-22-2015, 07:56 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: dont give the guy false hope which what your doing.

I gave suggestions to decrease the Gpu load to make the game a little bit faster on places where the Gpu might be a bottleneck. Though, I'm pretty sure that it might not be enough for 60fps on most demanding scenes but it will surely help a little bit on his gameplay.

Providing suggestions which might offer little benefit is way better than completely discouraging the OP by mentioning that his hardware is incapable of playing the game well. I'm not giving false hope, I'm providing the tiniest bit of helpful suggestion I could find. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-22-2015, 07:56 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: dont give the guy false hope which what your doing.

the advice I gave Keytotruth applies to you too.
thanks by advance
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Guys...Guys....be fair.
I knew from the beginning that my laptop is not even close to a real gaming machine.
I know it's not bad and it's really enough for what I do, but still no 10k gaming device.
I needed some advice because I do not know the in depth controls of PCSX.
I might have set it wrong, the tutorial I found might have been outdated or different settings might be even more suitable for this game in particular.
I don't know that! I came here for suggestions I could try out and not to find the holy grail of configs.
That's what I came for help for and SSAKASH was very kind to help me out here.
He never gave me false hopes and he never intended to!
I myself wrote several times that I KNOW my system is not good enough and SSAKASH politely agreed.

What I further want to point out after reading all of your posts...
Stop bickering about and instead just help or let it be.
Where am I to learn this stuff if nobody helps me?!
And SSAKASH was so nice to do it in a polite, modest and reasonable way.

@KeyToTruth12: Thank you for your advice on reripping the DVD...I'll check that.
And please don't get me wrong now. I'm not being mean...but I think you misunderstood some things too!

Now....let's all be friends again! ;-)
(05-22-2015, 08:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the advice I gave Keytotruth applies to you too.
thanks by advance

I was being cival, if you dont see then oh well,

short of the guide in my sig your not gona get much more performance out of that laptop
(05-22-2015, 06:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I know you're still a kid, but please try to act as a gentleman by keeping a civil tone. It'll be better this way.
thanks

I am being civil as possible. But since I doubt he would listen if I were more civil (look at Blyss' post), I gave an extra push.

But eh, who cares.
@OP what ssakash is trying to say that your laptop might run well in a lightly emulated area (I guess you would get 40-55 FPS?), but when you get to that heavy one, you would get slowdowns all over the place, hence Nobbs says your laptop doesn't cut it. I mean, you could play with low FPS and such, but that's not enjoyable in any way. ssakash has some right in his suggestions, but that doesn't apply to that heavy-emulated area as I said before.

Sooo, uh, all good?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-22-2015, 11:34 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: short of the guide in my sig your not gona get much more performance out of that laptop

I wouldn't count on that, It's just a manual way of changing the settings through the ini file. It would override the OP's current settings which is already quite optimized. how does that offer performance specifically for dual cores ? I don't see anything special on the codes.

@vistalee

maybe you could try the latest development builds from here.

even while lacking Profile Guided optimizations (PGO) they are quite faster on some games at my tests. make sure to use the native internal resolution for lower Gpu load and about the demanding scenes, I don't know any way to make it faster. some demanding scenes require a processor with quite a high single threaded performance so, unfortunately your processor won't provide much performance on the harder scenes. ( that's basically because of a limitation on CPU resources)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
its guide that has worked for alot people go back years, it just isnt any miracle config its last resort if people insist on runing pcsx2 on underpowered systems and those manaul setting where tests to increased perfromance on lesser machine, now all that may or may not be configurable in UI, but again they where tested and worked and is better then someone just randomly pick things to change not know what they may or may not do.

You may not see it but other have, which why Im not the only person on this forum that has the linked in my sig.
Yeah, had a look at it. It just puts all the settings to the lowest possible and thus making it lower demanding. Though the guide title is pretty misleading, it just specifically mentions that it was for weaker dual cores where it might still work better for other processors. Anyway, it's offtopic. I wouldn't want to discuss anything further about it.
- Refraction