Metal Gear 2 (SOL) - PCSX2 1.2.1 - slow - which settings
(05-22-2015, 01:02 PM)vistalee Wrote: Okay...that help a little bit.
But still...it's laggy during intense moments (of course)
It's especially bad during cutscenes.
I thought those were only videos. Or am I wrong?!
So why are they slow?

Any other suggestions?

your GPU might be a bit weak to render the FMV's in a good speed. I think this the best you can achieve on this game. the other faster workaround will be to use software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(05-22-2015, 01:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: your GPU might be a bit weak to render the FMV's in a good speed. I think this the best you can achieve on this game. the other faster workaround will be to use software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3.

SSakash, let's be reasonable for a minute. We are talking about running a game considered to be one of the most demanding games you can run in PCSX2. You honestly think a CPU that is weaker than what's in my Ultrabook will run Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty?

To the OP: I'm sorry, but that laptop just won't cut it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-22-2015, 01:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: your GPU might be a bit weak to render the FMV's in a good speed. I think this the best you can achieve on this game. the other faster workaround will be to use software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3.

Okay.
Thanks mate.
You were a great help!!!!
It works fine.
Not totally awesome but I figured my GPU would not be strong enough.
It's fine for me though.
I can play in realtime most of the time and that's enough.
I'll be coming back for Metal Gear 3 settings though :-P

One last question....What's FMV??? ;-)
(05-22-2015, 01:17 PM)vistalee Wrote: One last question....What's FMV??? ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_motion_video

most of the cutscenes are FMV's which are pre-rendered.

(05-22-2015, 01:13 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You honestly think a CPU that is weaker than what's in my Ultrabook will run Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty?

sure (why not ?). the situation is not as bad as you describe Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You seriously don't get it, do you?

Anyways @OP, while you're at it, try re-ripping your iso too. It seems to have TLB misses.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
For the record there are no real FMVs in this game. They're just cutscenes using the in-game engine and are mostly relying on the CPU.

And his laptop won't ever run this game at full speed. Especially MGS3 which is even more demanding than MGS2.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-22-2015, 01:54 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: You seriously don't get it, do you?

don't get what ? , your post has no real argument to begin with just a vague question about something irrelevant.

I'm well aware that the laptop might not be able to play the game at full speed constant, most of the scenes are demanding that even some highly clocked Haswell processors struggle at playing them though, his laptop is quite fine to get decent playable speeds.

Next time, please provide a real argument to your posts instead of silly questions. Tongue2
- Refraction
(05-22-2015, 05:01 PM)ssakash Wrote: don't get what ? , your post has no real argument to begin with just a vague question about something irrelevant.

I'm well aware that the laptop might not be able to play the game at full speed constant, most of the scenes are demanding that even some highly clocked Haswell processors struggle at playing them though, his laptop is quite fine to get decent playable speeds.

Next time, please provide a real argument to your posts instead of silly questions. Tongue2

Misunderstanding at it's finest. And looking at your post, you still don't get it.
And I'm not starting an argument in any way. As Nobbs says, his laptop doesn't cut it. Yet you still giving advice like you know everything.
Please, read other people's posts. Don't act like a smartypants, it makes people hate you more. (And I'm talking from experience here)
I'm done feeding the the troll. Cheers.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-22-2015, 06:02 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Misunderstanding at it's finest. And looking at your post, you still don't get it.
And I'm not starting an argument in any way. As Nobbs says, his laptop doesn't cut it.

as I said earlier, you are just giving vague statements. doesn't cut it ? it might still be able to play the lower demanding scenes at a higher FPS. simply mentioning that his hardware will not be able to play the game at full speed is fine but, that doesn't mean that his current FPS is the best the OP could achieve on his hardware.

also, the OP did mention that it worked better after using my suggestions. please refrain from making statements without knowing about it, Thanks.

yet still you don't offer any real arguments, just the plain old reasoning.

(05-22-2015, 06:02 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: I'm done feeding the the troll. Cheers.
you stole my lines, troll is a person who makes statements to provoke negative reactions from others which was your earlier post where you made a blank statement and questioning without understanding the previous posts.

anyway, I'm off this thread, I'm stopping this pointless discussion.
- Refraction
(05-22-2015, 06:02 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Misunderstanding at it's finest. And looking at your post, you still don't get it.
And I'm not starting an argument in any way. As Nobbs says, his laptop doesn't cut it. Yet you still giving advice like you know everything.
Please, read other people's posts. Don't act like a smartypants, it makes people hate you more. (And I'm talking from experience here)
I'm done feeding the the troll. Cheers.

I know you're still a kid, but please try to act as a gentleman by keeping a civil tone. It'll be better this way.
thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go