Metal Gear 3 on AMD A8-3510mx
Well, i have an HP Pavilion DV6-6B47DX that comes whit an AMD A8-3510mx.

That CPU have a frequency of 1800GHz and 2500GHz on turbo. It is quad core. The CPU have an integrated GPU Radeon HD 6620G at 440MHz and 400 shaders unit. Have read that video card is not important so i guess the CPU is the real part of this.

Ram, 8GB at 1333MHz. 1GB is dedicated for video, only 7Gb usables on Windows 7.

So, heres the thing: Download the last version of PCSX2 today (30-01-2012) and put my bios, try to run MGS3 and when it start (The bios screen) i was on 50-60FPS. The game starts and FPS slow down to 15-25FPS ... :\

See some other things on youtube and i download k10STAT, then put each core at 3000GHz, CPU (v) at 1.2625v, FID 14, DID 0, K10STAT clock control function is disabled up (ms) 2000 / down (ms) 3000. When run the game whit that configuration i make 40fps but then the cpu fan starts very noise and theres some strange smell haahahahah.

Yeah, pretty newbie on it, so i need help. Someone can help?

Sponsored links

you need an intel running 3.6-4Ghz to keep this game running at full fps, so a phenom based APU is not going to cut it at 2.5.
all AMD laptops does not hold much of that horsepower when i comes to pcsx2 partically you are running a "megathrust" demanding games
would you mind transfer to your powerful desktop for a while.
don't expect magic configuration on this...that guide in youtube is highly-possible near-100% fake they just wasted your time.
and AMD laptop's temperatures is also a big factor here.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Thanks for the quick answer man.

Well my processor is newest that Phenom; his platfor is named Sabine and the Processor Core used is Llano.

More info about it HERE
a strange smell?!? Laugh you wanted to fry that thing huh?

do I need to say you shouldn't OC that APU that hard?!? and forget emulating demanding games on it.
Yeah, a strange smell hahahahaha.

Well, can i whit some overclocking feature make MGS3 running ok??
definetely NO. you can't play that.

and cause you say you're unexperienced you shouldn't even try to overclock without knowing what you do. imho. you didn't buy that laptop to destroy it for that one game... did you?!?

end of convo. Wink
Quote:Well my processor is newest that Phenom; his platfor is named Sabine and the Processor Core used is Llano

Quote:you need an intel running 3.6-4Ghz to keep this game running at full fps, so a phenom based APU is not going to cut it at 2.5.

Llano has slightly better cache latency, but apart from that its still a K10 design.
Lot of bad news Sad

Hahahahahaha, is pretty ***** up that i can play Modern Warfare 3 at 1366*768 at medium details whit no lag, and then cant play old PS2 games.

One last suggestion of anyone??
playing pc games is not comparable to PS2 emulation. that emu needs lots of more power. this has been said on the forums hundreds of times. you could try some less demanding and well known to work games like FFX or some simpler ones from that list here but nothing like MGS3. enjoy Closedeyes