Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance [DVD9]
I am really unluck... Something doesn't want me to play MGS 2 again...
When I got there, to the place where I was goning to get the game, he didn't had it anymore... I got The Last Remnant instead...

Sponsored links

(04-25-2009, 09:05 AM)Wicked Sick Wrote: I am really unluck... Something doesn't want me to play MGS 2 again...
When I got there, to the place where I was goning to get the game, he didn't had it anymore... I got The Last Remnant instead...

um.. try order it online or Ebay =-D
Please I would like to knowwhy this game doesn't boot up. It's a CDVD plugin problem or a compatibility error of the emulator? Thanx
Please someone could tell me something about the boot error of this game? It's the only game of the metal gear solid that doesn't boot up and it's because is dvd9 format, but it's a plugin problem or a pcsx2 problem?
Did anybody ever find a fix for this?
http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?&c=m&s1=1&s2...1&s5=1&p=2

and you shouldnt probably revive old threads like this... Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
MGS2 Substance US & JP: WORKING

REALLY sorry to bump this thread after you had linked to that list, but it's showing it as non-working and I managed to get it to work, and it's definitely playable. I was having more or less the same problems as everyone else, with the game refusing to boot after the PS2 logo, but after a couple days (obviously on & off) of messing with it, today I actually got it working pretty well under 0.9.7.3113, though it's a really simple solution and while it worked for me, it may not work for everyone.

Step by step, this is what I did:

1) Screenshot: Unmount
2) Screenshot: Select 0.9.7's ISO mode
3) Boot the game (full or fast, doesn't matter).

Screenshot: Log excerpt
Screenshot: Running on PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 | 2

I think the problem was that the CD/DVD plugin (doesn't matter which one, because they all refused to load Substance) wanted to load the game from both the mounted ISO and something was interfering with it, I don't know. But PCSX2's internal ISO thing wouldn't load it either until I randomly decided to just unmount it from D-tools.

Anyway, I hope that helps at least one person get it running. It worked for me, so it definitely ain't unplayable. Other than some slowdown in a few areas, I haven't really run into any problems yet. Well, good luck.

Note: I have not tested the PAL version, as I don't own it. Someone can confirm that if they feel like trying this.
This was tested on Windows Vista and 7, right? I don't use Daemon Tools, so that shouldn't be a problem...I hope?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
So far, I've only personally tested it on W7 Pro, 64-bit. The virtual image software you use shouldn't matter since what I did was actually unmount it. It was stopping PCSX2's built-in ISO loader from working properly with Substance.
how you made the us substance version work? even the devs couldnt make it work as the pcsx2 site says in compatibility list.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest