Metal Gear Solid 2 on PCSX2 runs slow
deleted
jesalvein broke my balls, farewell

Sponsored links

hem...
And can you tell me since when those games were released on PS2 ?

Again, try disabling crossfire.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
PCSX2 Emulates the Engine of the PS2, this requires a lot of processor power. the original PS2 processor had 8 (eight) cores, even if the clock rate and g-flops are low, each core was custom made for its purpose and requires good clock rates and multiple cores to emulate properly+^_^+ PC games are made optimized for PC processors and offload a lot onto graphics cards and such. not only are you trying to run PS2 games, you trying to run a PS2 as a virtual machine
Signature purposefully left blank.
deleted
jesalvein broke my balls, farewell
You should back down on the Vu Cycle hack, it is known to cause false FPS reading and sluggishness even when getting '60 fps'
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You have to have a strong system to play at full speed at all times

i've got an i7 [email protected] and an OC'd GTX 460
And from all my play tests i get a near constant full speed at all times with these settings
"VU0 Recompiler: Super VU"
[Image: asdfsdu.jpg]
(With cycling the VU Hack from 0 to 2 from time to time to help with certain game play areas, namely it seems it helps mostly with cutscenes when set to 2 or stuff in the Plant chapter)
[Image: 12f1d.jpg]

This is with R4942

Newer revisions may be better?
^
^
^
^
^
(03-19-2012, 11:18 AM)tallbender Wrote: have you tried VU cycle stealing at LV-2 aside from frameskipping??
anyway i think there is no hope yet to get the entire gameplay at Vmax speeds
i got knockdowned-framerate from 64Fps to 4~6FPS during cutscene where the harrier was rescured by a MG-RAY so i hurried hitting start or X button to skip that nasty KOed framerate.
my specs currently on my siggy.
well he is in tanker as bositman advise him to minimize some speedhacks mainly is the VU cycle stealing LV-1 to avoid fake fps reading.
but it will get more challenging in the "Plant" scenario where some cutscene's framerate is slowing (Example:during the "Sensor A" demostration)
and may even a "Knockdowned" by a single digit FPS like said before during the harrier and MG-RAY cutscene.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel