Metal Gear Solid 3
Okay, I will say this straight off. This is my first time using pcsx2.
I am having some real difficulties trying to get Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater to run at a decent framerate.
Into and menu will run fine, then when the plane comes into view in the first cutscene, the fps will drop to 30 or 40 fps. Codex screens run at 45 fps which is decent, but everything else in 3D will cause it to drop back down.
I would really like to get this working nice and fast. I have had pretty much the same issue with the dolphin wii emulator when running dead space extraction, but I'm fairly sure my computer isn't to blame, nor is the game.
Specs:
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
4 GB ram.

Not sure what else would be relevant

Would like a fairly sharp-ish response
Thanks

Sponsored links

Quote:but I'm fairly sure my computer isn't to blame, nor is the game.

Wrong. Both are to blame since 2.40 ghz is a bit fair to run pcsx2 and MGS3 is one of the most demanding games.
overclocking may help you (at least 3.2-3.4 Ghz.
Try using some speedhacks (set vu cycle stealing to moderate) and set gsdx internal res to antive.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I can confirmed that this game is also another heavy title or hitter which is expected since this one of Hideo Kojima games and his games are usually very demanding. However, ZOE 2 is still harder to mastered than MGS3: Snake Eater. The lowest fps I saw in the beginning of some scenes dips down to 22 fps, but for the majority this game is very playable on my end.

Your graphics card look okay but running this game at stock speed on the Q6600 is simply not enough. In a demanding game like this, you would need a Sandy Bridge Core i7 overclocked to around 4GHz or more to get 60 fps in areas where slow fps are presence. This is no joke, if you think it is then you're just new the emulation scene.

However, you can try the speedhacks which may help boost your fps.