Metal Gear Solid 3 Compatibility
(03-29-2009, 11:35 AM)eastwoody Wrote: Mine is always at the speed of 70% or so, yet the game can't be saved-I gotta take snapshots .Still I am having fun.
And what is your PC spec. ? I can`t believe there`s a machine which can run it always in 60 fps at all the time. Smile

Sponsored links

(03-29-2009, 02:57 PM)Prott Wrote:
(03-29-2009, 11:35 AM)eastwoody Wrote: Mine is always at the speed of 70% or so, yet the game can't be saved-I gotta take snapshots .Still I am having fun.
And what is your PC spec. ? I can`t believe there`s a machine which can run it always in 60 fps at all the time. Smile

I can get close, 50 FPS all time. The cutscenes can cause some drops to 30 though.
Running a QX9650 @4GHz, SLi GTX285s, 8GB of DDR3 and a couple of 10k rpm 300GB Raptors.
I get around 50 FPS most times on DX10 at 1600x1200 resolution.
My settings are:
[Image: th_MGS3CPUsettings.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3Config.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3graphics.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3soundmodule.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3soundsettings.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3speedhacks.jpg]

The DX10 settings are both at 1600x1200 now and i get no problems running in DX10 at all now.
*image removed* can you please use an image which doesnt take up half a meg thanks. try to keep it < 100k if you can - Admin
Sad 
I checked my specs and I've got 2.75 GHz (or something close). And about 100 gb free space. Can I ever expect a version that is playable on my operating system.

It's pretty old and I may be trading up at some point. So that might help.
(03-29-2009, 06:08 PM)Hukibeast Wrote: I checked my specs and I've got 2.75 GHz (or something close). And about 100 gb free space. Can I ever expect a version that is playable on my operating system.

If you have 2,7 GHz Dual Core, there is a possibility that you can overclock it to 4 GHz (I have 2,33 and it runs perfectly up to 3,4 GHz).
(03-29-2009, 06:44 PM)Prott Wrote:
(03-29-2009, 06:08 PM)Hukibeast Wrote: I checked my specs and I've got 2.75 GHz (or something close). And about 100 gb free space. Can I ever expect a version that is playable on my operating system.

If you have 2,7 GHz Dual Core, there is a possibility that you can overclock it to 4 GHz (I have 2,33 and it runs perfectly up to 3,4 GHz).
What are the risks? Do I need to actually get into the hardware to overclock? Once I've done so can I go back?

This might be a little out of my league.
(03-29-2009, 09:34 PM)Hukibeast Wrote: What are the risks? Do I need to actually get into the hardware to overclock? Once I've done so can I go back?
Yes, you can go back (it`s done by BIOS). It`s pretty easy when you read something about it. Basically - you just increasing one number (FSB - but by very small steps) and after that you will test if it`s stable (and watch the temperatures). If yes, you continue (if no, you decrease it).
(03-30-2009, 12:04 AM)Prott Wrote:
(03-29-2009, 09:34 PM)Hukibeast Wrote: What are the risks? Do I need to actually get into the hardware to overclock? Once I've done so can I go back?
Yes, you can go back (it`s done by BIOS). It`s pretty easy when you read something about it. Basically - you just increasing one number (FSB - but by very small steps) and after that you will test if it`s stable (and watch the temperatures). If yes, you continue (if no, you decrease it).
I share a computer, would this be a wise choice? Is overclocking natural and how do I tell the temperature of the computer?
oh dear God! lol I guess you have been on console for so long with all of their "ease to use, pop in disc and play".. that's why it is hard for you to understand what people around here trying to explain/help you with your PC. If you still have the MGS3 disc and want to play it on high resolution (w/o messing around with your computer), you should just pop it in your PS3 and have it upscale to 1080p.

If you still insist on playing this on PC, read what Liquidpinky has for his computer system. The first step is to get a computer at least as powerful as his (buy it from store, build it yourself or overclock it from a slower CPU.. your choice). Once you get this powerful computer, come back here and we will help you some more. Sorry if it sounds like a rant.. but it is not. I am just trying to help you here =]
(03-30-2009, 04:07 AM)agentghost Wrote: oh dear God! lol I guess you have been on console for so long with all of their "ease to use, pop in disc and play".. that's why it is hard for you to understand what people around here trying to explain/help you with your PC. If you still have the MGS3 disc and want to play it on high resolution (w/o messing around with your computer), you should just pop it in your PS3 and have it upscale to 1080p.

If you still insist on playing this on PC, read what Liquidpinky has for his computer system. The first step is to get a computer at least as powerful as his (buy it from store, build it yourself or overclock it from a slower CPU.. your choice). Once you get this powerful computer, come back here and we will help you some more. Sorry if it sounds like a rant.. but it is not. I am just trying to help you here =]
80 GB doesn't play PS2 games. Sorry I know, I'm knew to this type of thing so I'm not the most well informed.
Hi, id just like to share my results with you all!

firstly I built my pc from scratch for high end and resolution gaming, I play a lot of call of duty, crysis etc you name it. I use a Samsung SM305t 30" monitor and the rough specs of my pc are intel core i7 920 @ 4.0ghz, geforce gtx 295, 6 gig of ddr3 1600mhz.

im a huge metal gear solid fan, and after some mindless browsing found out about these emulators! so I made an ISO images of my mgs 2 & 3 disks (ntsc) and downloaded the latest version of pcsx2.

Metal Gear Solid 2 suffers from glitchy textures and random slow downs everywhere, occasionally it will run excellent.

however....

Metal Gear Solid 3 plays 100% perfectly at 100% speed at 2560x1600 using D3D9 Hardware! Literally flawless, I compare this to using my ps3 upscaling at 1080p on a panasonic 50" plasma, i prefer the emulated version! so much clearer.. that good

so thanks very much to the authors and where can I make a donation?