Metal Gear Solid 3 Compatibility
I have some questions about the compatibility of Metal Gear Solid 3. First of all, can it be played at normal speed on most computers? (I'm not sure of my exact specs but it's an XP and I could find out if someone told me how)

I saved my bios before trading in my PS2 for a PS3 and I don't really want to download such a big program to play my old game unless I know it can work.

Does it slow down at any points during the game? Basically I just want to know if I can play the game and actually have fun on the current PCSX2 and what settings would be needed to do so.

Sponsored links

(03-28-2009, 10:55 PM)Hukibeast Wrote: I have some questions about the compatibility of Metal Gear Solid 3. First of all, can it be played at normal speed on most computers? (I'm not sure of my exact specs but it's an XP and I could find out if someone told me how)

I saved my bios before trading in my PS2 for a PS3 and I don't really want to download such a big program to play my old game unless I know it can work.

Does it slow down at any points during the game? Basically I just want to know if I can play the game and actually have fun on the current PCSX2 and what settings would be needed to do so.
No. It needs at least 4 GHz CPU (two cores) to play it (still with some slowdowns).
And you also need to still own your ps2.
Also the game runs quite bad, so you better save the 2 megabyte! download Tongue2
(03-29-2009, 02:20 AM)Prott Wrote:
(03-28-2009, 10:55 PM)Hukibeast Wrote: I have some questions about the compatibility of Metal Gear Solid 3. First of all, can it be played at normal speed on most computers? (I'm not sure of my exact specs but it's an XP and I could find out if someone told me how)

No. It needs at least 4 GHz CPU (two cores) to play it (still with some slowdowns).
Two cores? Damn I wish I understand what you meant.
Their are no two core XP's I guess then?
(03-29-2009, 02:57 AM)Hukibeast Wrote:

Two Cores = Dual Core Processor...Has nothing to do with the OS.
(03-29-2009, 03:09 AM)blackjab24 Wrote:
(03-29-2009, 02:57 AM)Hukibeast Wrote:

But as long as I have a 4 GHz CPU it will run smoothly overall? How do I check such a thing?

On a loosely related note, would version 1.0 of the PCSX2 emulator be the definitive version? Meaning that 1.0 is completion, or are they planning to continue on to 2.0, 3.0 etc. At what point would full emulation actually be considered possible for complex games such as MGS3?
[/quote]
But as long as I have a 4 GHz CPU it will run smoothly overall? How do I check such a thing?

On a loosely related note, would version 1.0 of the PCSX2 emulator be the definitive version? Meaning that 1.0 is completion, or are they planning to continue on to 2.0, 3.0 etc. At what point would full emulation actually be considered possible for complex games such as MGS3?
[/quote]

go to control panel then to performance and maintenance and then to system to check your system specs....im using a dual core 3.02Ghz AMD x2 6000+ 4 gig of rams and ATI 4850HD but MGS3 still runs v v v bad
I'm guessing XP is not just OS for him, but Processor as well. The Athlon XP are not dual-core and therefor will likely never reach full speed
Mine is always at the speed of 70% or so, yet the game can't be saved-I gotta take snapshots .Still I am having fun.
(03-29-2009, 11:35 AM)eastwoody Wrote: Mine is always at the speed of 70% or so, yet the game can't be saved-I gotta take snapshots .Still I am having fun.

hi mr eastwood wat are your config settings? Using any speedhacks?