Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
(09-11-2009, 12:27 AM)DarkTiger2391 Wrote: have you this problem ?

http://s3.directupload.net/file/d/1901/2b7byrhp_png.htm

check your gpu driver's control panel, try it with any forced anti aliasing or anisotropic filtering disabled.

(09-12-2009, 06:30 PM)sideshowbob Wrote: question 1 : but i was wondering if there is something i can change in my config to make it a little bit better ,faster or something *my config : see attachment*

the worst thing so far is that i cant use savestate ,casues pcsx2 to crash
but using the native ps2 memory card works fine
question 2 : is it possible to backup my savegames by copying the memorycard files from pcsx2 memorycard folder to another location ?

question 3 : is there a way to store the mgs3 config of my pcsx2 settings to some kind of preset ? when i play some other games that dont work well with mgs3 config i dont mess it up but i can easy go back to the mgs3 config by selecting the saved preset ? and save config presets for other games as well ?

1. as koji already suggested: try it with both microvu options disabled. setting both clamp modes to "none" in the advanced settings might help, too, but it can also make your game freeze or create weird glitches at specific spots in a game.
1-2. change both pad plugin slots to the same plugin and check if savestates work then.
2. yes. you can also use different memcards for every game you play, just make a copy of an empty memcard file, name it to your likes and point pcsx2 to it under "config->memcards".
3. search for a tool called "pcsx2launcher" (formerly known as ps2launcher). it acts as a frontend for pcsx2 and is able to save the complete emulator settings individually for every game.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403

Sponsored links

sry its not working but the software mode is at me a bit faster in the codec in dx10 hardware is it only 33 fps and in software dx10 is it 48-50

but i can play this game to the end

only this become i at some places but its only for 2-6 secounds
My PC:
Intel i7 920 @ 4010 Mhz
2x 2 GB Dual-DDR 3 @ 1200 Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 260 @ (GPU/Shader/RAM) 640/1380/1000 Mhz
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 at Raid0
thanks for the suggestions ! Biggrin

microvu is disabled now !

setting clamp modes to nearest/none speeds up the game significantly but it also creates the nasty glitches Laugh

the fps are good but the game kinda slows down when i have lots of stuff visible on screen.. when i face the camera down so i only see dirt ..the game runs much smoother

but its still very playable .. beat ocelot yesterday Ninja

another more game related questions : is it possible to aim down the iron sight of rifles like ak and keep it on screen to know where im aiming at ? i only get it on screen when i press fire and when released the gun goes down again

thanks ! Happy
(09-13-2009, 12:42 PM)sideshowbob Wrote: thanks for the suggestions ! Biggrin

microvu is disabled now !

setting clamp modes to nearest/none speeds up the game significantly but it also creates the nasty glitches Laugh

the fps are good but the game kinda slows down when i have lots of stuff visible on screen.. when i face the camera down so i only see dirt ..the game runs much smoother

but its still very playable .. beat ocelot yesterday Ninja

another more game related questions : is it possible to aim down the iron sight of rifles like ak and keep it on screen to know where im aiming at ? i only get it on screen when i press fire and when released the gun goes down again

thanks ! Happy

MGS is one of the few Games making use of the pressure-sensitive digital buttons on the PS2-Controller, meaning if you only slightly press the firing-button, it will only aim. Once you press harder it will shoot. That said, I screwed up MANY times on PS2 because of this and killed people when I just wanted them to freeze.

I'm not sure whether the emulator supports these "analog" digital buttons, but anyhow it won't work with the 360 or other generic controllers... You will need either an old Xbox controller or a ps2 or ps3-controller.
(09-13-2009, 03:13 AM)zero29 Wrote:
(09-11-2009, 12:27 AM)DarkTiger2391 Wrote: have you this problem ?

http://s3.directupload.net/file/d/1901/2b7byrhp_png.htm

check your gpu driver's control panel, try it with any forced anti aliasing or anisotropic filtering disabled.

sry this is not working
My PC:
Intel i7 920 @ 4010 Mhz
2x 2 GB Dual-DDR 3 @ 1200 Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 260 @ (GPU/Shader/RAM) 640/1380/1000 Mhz
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 at Raid0
Dixx: The problem isn't that PCSX2 doesn't support the slight pressure, it's that very few controllers support it. Even PS2/PS3 controllers/adapters don't usually have proper drivers to support the feature in windows.

That said you can configure other buttons on your gamepad (if you have extras) or keyboard to be the same buttons, but with only a percentage of pressure (like 50%, it's useful in Star Ocean 3, where there is a scene where you have to have that partial button sensitivity).

And yes, I had that problem as well... It's hard to keep partial pressure on the button while also moving to be in front of them <_< Probably the only design element I truly didn't like in the game.
[Image: 2748844.png]