Metal Gear Solid 3 Texture Issues
Hi, so I'm having some issues regarding Metal Gear Solid 3. Everywhere I go there's ***** stains everywhere [Image: rEcZYqV.jpg]

I've followed the FAQ on problems regarding glitching textures, such as switching to Direct39 Software rather than Hardware. Could this also be linked to the fact that despite being in Native Resolution, the frame rate drops significantly for no apparent reason during specific cutscenes?

What do I do? I looked at a few other threads and I noticed that you guys needed specs of hardware so I will go ahead and post what I have.

Windows 8.1 (6.3 Build 9600)
Motherboard : GA-970A-UD3
Processor : AMD FX-8350 (8 cores @ 4GHz)
Video Card : nVidia GTX 660
RAM : 16 GB (16384 MB)

I'm using PSX version 1.2.1

Thanks ahead of time!

Sponsored links

Newer versions solve this problem. Try one of the latest builds and make sure you use opengl. You might have to enable one of the newer accuracy options, but I don't remember which.
(09-27-2015, 10:14 PM)dogen Wrote: Newer versions solve this problem. Try one of the latest builds and make sure you use opengl. You might have to enable one of the newer accuracy options, but I don't remember which.

1.3.1-1117 and 1.3.1-1189 with OpenGL eliminates this issue completely. You don't even have to use any accuracy options.
Remaining issue in this game however is that for post-processing effects to work you have to disable or set crc-hacks to minimum. Even if you do this post-processing isn't working correctly at all. The image is duplicated and distorted. I read something about PCSX2 not handling depth correctly when it comes to post-processing.