Metal Gear Solid 3 laggy.
Heyhoo. I have PCSX2 0.9.8 and a Metal Gear Solid 3 ISO (i bought it as a PS2 CD and made the ISO, cause it runs slower with CD).
I load it , and everythings perfect. But when i start a new game and when i'm ingame, it slows down between 15-20 FPS. I tried it with speed hacks and with other BIOS, but nothin changes.
My System:
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    • Build: 7600
  • Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz
  • RAM: 3,00 GB:
  • Video Card: 512 MB / nVidia GeForce 9500 GT
    • Video RAM: 1.7 GB
    • Pixel Shader Version: 4.0
    • Vertex Shader Version: 4.0
  • DirectX Version: 11.0

Wich hardware/software is the primary (the most important) reason for the lagg?

Sorry for my bad english.

Sponsored links

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz <--this one. It's just crap, sorry dude Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmm.. What processor do you recommend for me to play MGS3 with Full-Speed? Smile
A Sandy Bridge system or higher clocked to 4GHZ ~

A GPU with 2GB of VRAM.

|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
...sry but can you recommend somethin' cheaper than this? .s
We're sorry that PS2 emulation takes so much ressources but yeah, only a system like that would be adequate.
(You may be able to do with a little less but it wouldn't really be cheaper.)
The problem is that this game is simply too demanding on the real PS2 as well.
unfortunately Intel CPUs are the CPUs recommended for PCSX2 and I know how insanely expensive they're. AMD CPUs are getting better each day, but for PCSX2, they only can use the SSE2 GSDX Plugin, mainly since they don't have the other SSE Instruction Set. But if you look for a cheaper CPU, the i5 2500k Mkilbride has isn't that expensive anymore and what I've been reading and hearing is that it's a very good Overclocking CPU.
Wow, I am currently looking for the costs of this Proccessors you talk about, it's more expensive than a PS2 itself .s
Is it logical to buy a new, better and 2 GB Videocard before i buy a new Processor?
You should already have a PS2 when you're using PCSX2.
The emulator is not meant as a replacement for the console.

Forget about upgrading anything though if you don't like the costs of getting a PS2 these days Tongue2
Even if I don't play MGS3 and forget it, I'll upgrade my PC.
And I don't think it's necessary to buy a PS2, when I have the chance to play MGS3 on my PC Smile