Metal Gear Solid Problems
Hey guys! I have some issues with MGS that I would like to see if I could get resolved so I can play these great games.

1. MGS2 almost functions perfectly. However, I have found an issue with two things: 1) Pressure sensitive buttons don't work with my 360 controller. Now, I know that there is nothing I can do about this, but is there any way that I can fix the issues I have with things like CQC? Now, 2) Square (X on my 360 controller) won't work with the tranq gun and the tranq gun only. All other things work with Square (X), including using other items (chaff grenades, etc.) and even picking up bodies. But I can't get the tranq gun to fire. Even in first person view, it doesn't work. Any ideas?

2. MGS3 doesn't work. It loads into the main menu after I press start and then all of the buttons on my gamepad seize to function. I can't start a game, access options, anything. Otherwise, it works strangely fine...

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

1) Maybe you can bind the analog stick to the control if it is only at one point in the game required.
For the X-key I would try to check other rounding and clamping modes. Although no problems like this are reported in the compatibility list.

2) Please post the emulog after it crashes/hangs. Have you tested keyboard-strokes as input?
1. Have you tried using different PAD Plugins besides LilyPad? Pokopom XInput Pad Plugin might do the trick.
https://code.google.com/p/magical-tools/...ip&can=2&q=
(06-26-2014, 08:23 AM)willkuer Wrote: 1) Maybe you can bind the analog stick to the control if it is only at one point in the game required.
For the X-key I would try to check other rounding and clamping modes. Although no problems like this are reported in the compatibility list.

2) Please post the emulog after it crashes/hangs. Have you tested keyboard-strokes as input?

For MGS3, it works just fine, it's just that the controller doesn't respond at all after pressing start. I can still shift through the main menu with left analog stick, but I can't click anything.

I feel like I should post some settings. What settings and things would help you guys help me? Just let me know what to post and I will do so!
(06-27-2014, 02:26 AM)Murtrod Wrote: For MGS3, it works just fine, it's just that the controller doesn't respond at all after pressing start.
I don't know if this is the definition of fine...
Again: Please post the emulog after that happens. If can be found in my documents (installer version) or in the program directory (portable/GIT) version.

(06-27-2014, 02:26 AM)Murtrod Wrote: I feel like I should post some settings. What settings and things would help you guys help me? Just let me know what to post and I will do so!

You can use the snapshot function of the emulation settings.

Have you tested another pad-plugin or rounding/clamping modes as suggested?
(06-27-2014, 07:48 AM)willkuer Wrote: I don't know if this is the definition of fine...
Again: Please post the emulog after that happens. If can be found in my documents (installer version) or in the program directory (portable/GIT) version.

You can use the snapshot function of the emulation settings.

Have you tested another pad-plugin or rounding/clamping modes as suggested?

I actually have resolved the issue. One of the other pad plugins began to work. However, I'm having issues with the pressure sensitive nature of MGS. However, this is something I can't fix, so I'll just go without grabbing enemies. Thanks guys for all of the help!