Metal gear solid snake eater pnach file help!
im trying to add Metal gear solid snake eater (Usa) codebreaker cheats to the game, but cant seem to get them to work.

i got the cheats from http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/4193/

i dont understand what im doing wrong, i checked the console log, it says there is an error on there:

vtlb miss : addr 0x100800BC, mode 0 [read]
vtlb miss : addr 0x100800BC, mode 1 [write]

I have attached the pnach file.

Sponsored links

Can't see the file. The common source of that error is using non 0 as the first digit in the address offset part of the code when using explicit length "word", "Short" or "byte".

Supposing the original code was correctly decrypted from the originals (turned raw codes) you can try replacing those above words by "extended" and the 0, 1 or 2 as first digit kept as they are (there they are not part of the address but a code's type indicator), the values will be correctly interpreted in their actual length. Any other first digit forcibly uses "extended".
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-01-2010, 05:18 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Can't see the file. The common source of that error is using non 0 as the first digit in the address offset part of the code when using explicit length "word", "Short" or "byte".

Supposing the original code was correctly decrypted from the originals (turned raw codes) you can try replacing those above words by "extended" and the 0, 1 or 2 as first digit kept as they are (there they are not part of the address but a code's type indicator), the values will be correctly interpreted in their actual length. Any other first digit forcibly uses "extended".

I guess it ddin't attach to the post for some reason. I've attached the file to this post and an external link just to make sure.

http://www.mediafire.com/?te7a1h2b6242t9b

Attached Files
.pnach   086273d2.pnach (Size: 1,12 KB / Downloads: 1.815)
Does anyone know what I should do?
edit your pnach file via Wordpad replace all words to "extended"
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(08-02-2010, 01:08 AM)pcsx22010 Wrote: Does anyone know what I should do?

assuming those codes in the pnach are already decrypted in raw format...

Notice from my previous post than the first digit in the address offset is actually a code descriptor and not part of the address itself, more it tells the 'length' of the operand in bytes.

So there is two ways to fix the pnach there: one and the easiest is changing all those "word" tokens to "extended" and keeping the address format...

The other, more complex, is changing all those 1 and 2 there to 0 and changing the token by "short (if 1) and 2 is word and it's ok, 0 meaning "byte" is what should be there.

Finally that last code, beginning with C, forcibly need to be "extended"

Well, my advise is just using the replace feature on the text editor and change all those "word" for "extended" and it might suffice. Again, remembering the code must be already decrypted.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I changind "word" to "extended" and it go rid of the error notice, but the cheats didn't work
Does anyone know what I should do?
You should stop making double posts so it doesn't look like spam...

Warned and free bump.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
OK, Sorry.