Mexican SCPH 79010 with ROM2 and JAP recognition?
Question 
I've dumped my ps2 bios with that Dumpbios-MASS.elf file (I think it is version 1.0). It gave me 5 files: Bin, EROM, NVM, ROM1 and ROM2. But I've downloaded the version two *.elf file from this site, and it says on the readme:

Quote:b. "Do I have all the files?"
Depending on your console model, you will get more or less files. As a
generic rule, if you get the message -= DONE =- on the screen, it means
that you got everything that the program was supposed to dump. It is OK Smile
Only on chinese (SCPH-XXX09) consoles you'll get rom2 file. Erom is inside (...)

My Playstation 2 is a SCPH 79010 (The status screen of the program and the generated file confirm that, it says "SCPH-79010_BIOS_VX_USA_220") and it's imported from Mexico (It says Sony de Mexico on the box and documents, and the Network Startup disk is entitled as "Disco de Inicio en LĂ­nea 1.0 (Disc ID: PBPX 95250)". So, why I have a ROM2? Anyway, I hope this info can help the users on this forum (if I'm really supposed to have a ROM2 file).

Sponsored links

yes, you are supposed to, the old 1.60 bios for the US ps2s didn't have it, newer ones do.
Thanks Smile
*EDIT : Now I'm having this problem: The PCSX2 recognises it as a Japanese BIOS (?)
[Image: japormex.png]
It's not really an issue, as long as it works i wouldnt worry about it!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well, it actually works, but I'm just curious about why it recognizes as a Japanese console. (Actually I'm a little worried about the 'originality' from my actual console too).
(11-17-2010, 07:01 PM)Aleff Wrote: Well, it actually works, but I'm just curious about why it recognizes as a Japanese console. (Actually I'm a little worried about the 'originality' from my actual console too).

The nationality recognition code is a reverse engineering job based almost exclusively on a limited set of v1.0 to v1.60 BIOSes (thanks go to Florin for most of the reverse engineering work). Its not an exact science.

That said, the version string in the BIOS is pretty obvious stuff, and its unlikely that it is being mis-interpreted. Looking at google searches on SPCH-79010, I'm pretty sure its legitimate too. Most likely the problem is that there was no nation code defined for latin or south Americas, so the bios version string was probably left at the default (which is 'J' for Japan) in leu of not having any other better region code to specify.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Thanks for the answer!