Mgs 3:Snake eater PP help
I know the reason of these freezes cause the old SpeedHacks Disable Extra FPU/VU Flags were deleted from new revisions and they are ON by default
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja

Sponsored links

(01-09-2009, 09:09 PM)ZEROx Wrote: MGS3 Snake Eater & Subsistence runs great in any aspect on PG 563 except one thing-game frezees when snake crawling through the grass in first person mode or in the moment like on the screen, i'm sure it's possible to fix cause those moments runs fine on PP426
"Runs great" is very optimistic. Cutscenes like the first meeting with Sokolov may run fullspeed only on this specs. Or u didnt mean speed?
(01-10-2009, 02:07 AM)tenow Wrote: "Runs great" is very optimistic. Cutscenes like the first meeting with Sokolov may run fullspeed only on this specs. Or u didnt mean speed?
My CPU Core2Duo e6750 and i've got fullspeed 60 fps in a half places og the game,
game runs for me 40-60 fps maybe 35 in very slow areas or scenes
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
Would it be the best for me if i use DX10 cause I only tried DX9 plugins....I mean is it worthy to install windows vista and try dx10? could it boost MGS3 performance that much?
(01-10-2009, 03:15 PM)solidsnake Wrote: Would it be the best for me if i use DX10 cause I only tried DX9 plugins....I mean is it worthy to install windows vista and try dx10? could it boost MGS3 performance that much?

nope, as your CPU will bottleneck everything. Using Dx10 or not.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-10-2009, 03:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote:
(01-10-2009, 03:15 PM)solidsnake Wrote: Would it be the best for me if i use DX10 cause I only tried DX9 plugins....I mean is it worthy to install windows vista and try dx10? could it boost MGS3 performance that much?

Not correct,DX10 mode of GSdx can offload the load from his CPU to his GPU,speeding things up even when the game is CPU bound (the most usual case).It depends on the game,some have large benefits from GSdx DX10,some others not.The best way to know would be someone who has ran the game with DX10 to report here the performance difference for you Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-10-2009, 07:02 PM)Bositman Wrote:
(01-10-2009, 03:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote:

Not correct,DX10 mode of GSdx can offload the load from his CPU to his GPU,speeding things up even when the game is CPU bound (the most usual case).It depends on the game,some have large benefits from GSdx DX10,some others not.The best way to know would be someone who has ran the game with DX10 to report here the performance difference for you Wink

didn't know. SryBlush
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks.....Any way I'm still confused about VM version.... I tried to run it as soon as the windows starts and I also tried to close some background programs or also increase the virtual memory of the system..but nah it didn't work.
But when I run it on my low end laptop (512 MB of RAM while my desktop has 2 GB) it worked!!!!
Any suggestions??
thank you all of you ... I know you may be tired of answering my silly questions....but be patient..thanks again.
There are some memory issues in the latest beta that are rather problematic (causing failed startups and unstable emulation) .. The problem has been isolated, we're working on fixing it.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
but my problem not just with the latest beta ,i also tried the official PP and 0.9.5 betas and didnt work in VM mode.