Mgs 3:Snake eater PP help
Hi......Im new here..and Im dying to play MGS3 on PCSX2.
First My Pc specs are:-
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz 2M cache (overclocked to 3.8 Ghz)
2 Gb of ram (677 Mhz)
Nvidia 9600 gso 768 Mb

right now Im using the official release of PP and also tried the latest SVN of pp and i nearly got the same result..... I only got about 15-25 FPS in game and less than that in cut-scenes so its unplayable for me....
So what is the best configuration I should use to get Playable frame rates?

P.S:- I use P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0 for sound and i got good sound in cut scenes ,a little bugy but good...and a perfect sound during calls. Also i use GSdx 872m(MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.12... and i run the game from ISO using Linuzappz iso CDVD 0.7.0
so is there a better plugins ? thanks

Sponsored links

Its not about plugins. Ur emu config is ok. Frame drops to 25FPS even on my Dual Core 3.8 GHz
So what are you saying? that this is the best FPS that i can get from the emulator!! I read some where here that this game is playable (60 fps in-game and 37 fps average during cut scenes) and even some had said that they had finished the game.
(01-09-2009, 04:09 PM)solidsnake Wrote: So what are you saying? that this is the best FPS that i can get from the emulator!! I read some where here that this game is playable (60 fps in-game and 37 fps average during cut scenes) and even some had said that they had finished the game.

maybe they had a decent pc...

you need at least a dual core to get playable speeds for most games if you plan on using pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You`ll have to wait till future updates fix stuff like that Snake. Ocelot will have to wait alittle longer.

Even MTGS 2 has its issues (slow down etc).
Old habits die hard - System Shock
Thanks for replying ....but i have another question...I have problem using the VM version it ask me to log off then log on and when i do so still don't work (Cant allocate enough memory), So is TBL version slower? and how i fix this issue? also when i try to use GSdx SSE3 it said that my CPU doesn't support SSE3.1 although the emulator console reads "SSE3 detected" ....thank you
(01-09-2009, 05:13 PM)solidsnake Wrote: i do so still don't work (Cant allocate enough memory),
What's your OS ?
if vista, right click on pcsx2.exe->run as admin
(01-09-2009, 05:13 PM)solidsnake Wrote: So is TBL version slower?
depends on the game, but most of the time, yes it is.
(01-09-2009, 05:13 PM)solidsnake Wrote: and how i fix this issue?
If you're under Vista, I already answered.
(01-09-2009, 05:13 PM)solidsnake Wrote: also when i try to use GSdx SSE3 it said that my CPU doesn't support SSE3.1 although the emulator console reads "SSE3 detected"
you misundertood
SSE3 is different from SSSE3.

I doubt your pc can handle SSSE3
(01-09-2009, 05:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: What's your OS ?
My OS is XP SP3
(01-09-2009, 05:53 PM)solidsnake Wrote:
(01-09-2009, 05:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: What's your OS ?
My OS is XP SP3

and I assume you're admin of your OS. Closedeyes

Try to close some background programs.

If it still doesn't work, try to launch pcsx 2immedaitely after reboot to prevent another program allocating memory address you should get for pcsx2
MGS3 Snake Eater & Subsistence runs great in any aspect on PG 563 except one thing-game frezees when snake crawling through the grass in first person mode or in the moment like on the screen, i'm sure it's possible to fix cause those moments runs fine on PP426

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja