Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Releasing Windows 7 Anti-Piracy Update
Microsoft Releasing Windows 7 Anti-Piracy Update Later This Month

In the next week or two, Windows Update will list a new, "Important" update for you to download. It'll be called "Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7," and if you're running a bootleg copy of Windows 7, beware.

The optional update will sniff out 70 "known and potentially dangerous activation exploits" that are meant to distinguish a genuine copy of Windows 7 from a pirated one.

http://gizmodo.com/5469764/microsoft-rel...this-month

Sponsored links

thank you for this ill be sure NOT to install it.

or you could just change settings so windows does not download updates by it self im suprised no one does this as i always se people in games getting there comps restarted cause windows decides it wants to update and installs updates by it self
i am using official activation reset (up to 4 months), then use 3rd party software to reset this and i have another official 4 months of delayed activation period.
i wonder if this trick will me closed?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
I Have a Legit Copy so i d'ont care Wink
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
(02-13-2010, 11:22 PM)Imbapally Wrote: I Have a Legit Copy so i d'ont care Wink

well even if you have a legit copy this will 100% screw some people over who do have legit copys its not the first time its happend
So uh people who have the OS legitimately, will not want this update because it's useless for them
People who have pirated will obviously not want it either. I don't see much point Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah but knowing Microsoft they will probably make this update mandatory if you want to be able to receive updates in the future.

and yeah i know that even some people with legit Software are going to be screwed because it happened with Vista and XP too when they introduced WGA.
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
(02-13-2010, 11:22 PM)Imbapally Wrote: I Have a Legit Copy so i d'ont care Wink

Didn't stop many, many people from getting burned by WGA Tongue

e: wow I shouldn't leave my window open for so long without posting.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
You know what would be funny?
If this one actually works,
and everyone will be like,
"Oh crap!"
But what's the chance of that happening...¯\(˚~˚)/¯
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!