Microsoft Visual C++ Redist (x86) won't install correctly
Hey, so I just installed the newest version of PSX2 on my laptop, but when I run it I get this error 
[Image: thingngg_by_alphaseagull-dacn4bw.png]
And at first I thought it was just the Microsoft Visual C++ thing, since the setup for that tried running during the installation and failed for some reason. So I looked all over the site and found this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-PC...ooting-FAQ and saw the link to what I was looking for pretty easily and downloaded the setup and repaired it successfully. But then it still didn't work. I tried reinstalling the emulator, and tried reinstalling pretty much everything I could. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks

Edit: Ok so I looked in the control panel and found the version of Visual C++ that failed while installing. I tried repairing it, but it gave me this error
[Image: crash_screenshot_by_alphaseagull-dacnikh.png]
and the log file it mentions is attached to this post. Is there a way to get it to install correctly?

Attached Files
.txt   crash log thing.txt (Size: 12,12 KB / Downloads: 543)

Sponsored links

This was the problem i had but i was flying thru the installs of possible fixes and sittin 5ft back from a 30" 1600p display i couldnt see the setup failed clearly enough. I restarted my pc and made it the first thing i did and it installed properly.
(08-04-2016, 09:43 AM)ryanboyl Wrote: This was the problem i had but i was flying thru the installs of possible fixes and sittin 5ft back from a 30" 1600p display i couldnt see the setup failed clearly enough.  I restarted my pc and made it the first thing i did and it installed properly.

Yeah I just tried restarting my PC as well, and it still gave the same error. Apparently according to the log file, the Windows 7 MSU couldn't execute for some reason. what reason that is, I have no idea.
(08-04-2016, 06:58 PM)AlphaSeagull Wrote: Yeah I just tried restarting my PC as well, and it still gave the same error. Apparently according to the log file, the Windows 7 MSU couldn't execute for some reason. what reason that is, I have no idea.

Not sure how to solve this problem, but you should know that it's important to be able to install it also regardless of PCSX2, and not being able to install it might suggest that your Windows installation has some problems.

This is a Microsoft thing which allows running applications which were developed using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (this means most new applications and games out there). PCSX2 is also being developed using VS2015 so it needs it too. The specific _x86 one is for 32 bit applications (like PCSX2) and the _64 one is for 64 bits applications.
(08-04-2016, 08:21 PM)avih Wrote: Not sure how to solve this problem, but you should know that it's important to be able to install it also regardless of PCSX2, and not being able to install it might suggest that your Windows installation has some problems.

This is a Microsoft thing which allows running applications which were developed using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (this means most new applications and games out there). PCSX2 is also being developed using VS2015 so it needs it too. The specific _x86 one is for 32 bit applications (like PCSX2) and the _64 one is for 64 bits applications.

Yeah I did some Googling, and it might be because I don't let my Windows Update automatically (to avoid getting forced to get Windows 10), thus making my Windows relatively outdated, and apparently there's one update that cares about the Windows 7 MSU so I need to update my system before I can install. Which might've been why ryanboyl was able to fix his problem just by restarting his PC, since his probably updated in the process. However, my internet runs super slow, and there's plenty of updates I need to install, so this might take a while. Once I get it updated, I'll try again and let you know if it works.
I have my win updates set to only check when i say so. I recommend getting the SP1 update for win7 before installing any vcredist. Also after a fresh restart try removing programs running in the background that could possibly affect the install of vcredist.
(08-06-2016, 11:57 PM)ryanboyl Wrote: I have my win updates set to only check when i say so.  I recommend getting the SP1 update for win7 before installing any vcredist.  Also after a fresh restart try removing programs running in the background that could possibly affect the install of vcredist.

Yeah the SP1 is the one I haven't installed yet. Unfortunately, the way my internet works, it stops for like 10 seconds every 5 minutes or so for some reason, which cause most downloads and things to fail, and mixed with it's seriously slow speed, I can't install the update at all because it keeps failing. I'll have to wait until I go to starbucks or something. But thanks guys, I'm like 90% sure this'll work once I can do it. And I still have the really old version of the emulator as well (1.0.0) , so I can still use that for now, even though it runs really slow lol.
You can also download SP1 directly from Microsoft, and use a download manager such that you can stop and resume the download when you need - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=5842
(08-07-2016, 11:33 AM)avih Wrote: You can also download SP1 directly from Microsoft, and use a download manager such that you can stop and resume the download when you need - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=5842

ihave window 8.1 do ihave to install this file
ihave same error on screen
look attachments

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-07-2016, 11:33 AM)avih Wrote: You can also download SP1 directly from Microsoft, and use a download manager such that you can stop and resume the download when you need - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=5842

I just tried it, and actually I wasn't able to start the download. But the page's source view revealed these links which you can download directly (I did try, the downloads work):

Win7 32 SP1 (540M): https://download.microsoft.com/download/...32-X86.exe
Win7 64 SP1 (900M): https://download.microsoft.com/download/...32-X64.exe