Microstutter when in fullspeed?
(05-27-2017, 12:06 AM)Old$ch00LGamer Wrote: You are not alone. This is a real issue. I don't care what the devs say. This issue only occurs when using opengl.
I don't know what devs say (or what I said Wink )

It is Windows related. Linux is fine. It seems to be related to the Nvidia driver, the configuration of Windows compositor. Maybe some PCSX2 option in the middle. Potentially the moon cycle could be the key.

Note: I don't use Windows.So yeah I'm blind.

Sponsored links

(05-27-2017, 09:52 PM)gregory Wrote: I don't know what devs say (or what I said Wink )

It is Windows related. Linux is fine. It seems to be related to the Nvidia driver, the configuration of Windows compositor. Maybe some PCSX2 option in the middle. Potentially the moon cycle could be the key.

Note: I don't use Windows.So yeah I'm blind.

Thanks for your reply, and keep up the good work with GSDX Smile

Are you working on a solution? Also, I want to play Okami as I never finished it on my PS2, I know that the sound and progression are perfect (never heard of any issues on that area and the sound seemed perfect), but what about the graphics in D3D11? From what I tested there are no issues at all besides post processing scaling on higher resolution, which can be partially fixed with Half-Pixel offset and round sprite. Besides this, it's basically perfect, even after comparisons with PS2 gameplay videos and even software mode. 

Are there any bugs in Okami I'm not aware of? I really hope that the graphics don't brake later in the game, someone reported that the player's shadow disappears after a certain point in the beginning of the game, even though I confirm it didn't happen to me. Just want to be sure that I won't encounter any problems.
If you want to see if there are any currently known issues with the game, I'd recommend checking the compatibility pages

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html

Usually people are pretty good at reporting any bugs, graphic issues, what have you
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Could you test this plugin (and v-sync enabled *only* in pcsx2 settings), then report back whether you have tearing or not?
(05-29-2017, 12:05 AM)mirh Wrote: Could you test this plugin (and v-sync enabled *only* in pcsx2 settings), then report back whether you have tearing or not?
I can confirm that with this version of the plugin the Opengl stutter is finally gone! It's as smooth as the d3d11 now. What was done and when can we see this on the download page and in the latest git builds? Thanks for the hard work, i really mean it. Also i am truly sorry for being such a douche to everyone.
(05-27-2017, 10:32 PM)Assassin47 Wrote: Thanks for your reply, and keep up the good work with GSDX Smile

Are you working on a solution? Also, I want to play Okami as I never finished it on my PS2, I know that the sound and progression are perfect (never heard of any issues on that area and the sound seemed perfect), but what about the graphics in D3D11? From what I tested there are no issues at all besides post processing scaling on higher resolution, which can be partially fixed with Half-Pixel offset and round sprite. Besides this, it's basically perfect, even after comparisons with PS2 gameplay videos and even software mode. 

Are there any bugs in Okami I'm not aware of? I really hope that the graphics don't brake later in the game, someone reported that the player's shadow disappears after a certain point in the beginning of the game, even though I confirm it didn't happen to me. Just want to be sure that I won't encounter any problems.

Most of post-processing effects on Okami are removed in D3D.
(05-29-2017, 08:39 AM)Old$ch00LGamer Wrote: I can confirm that with this version of the plugin the Opengl stutter is finally gone! It's as smooth as the d3d11 now. What was done and when can we see this on the download page and in the latest git builds? Thanks for the hard work, i really mean it. Also i am truly sorry for being such a douche to everyone.
I was asking for tearing when you run the thing in fullscreen actually.
(05-29-2017, 10:55 AM)mirh Wrote: I was asking for tearing when you run the thing in fullscreen actually.
Well whatever has been done with this version of the plugin the stuttering is gone. When i go back to the previous plugin from the latest pcsx2 dev builds the stuttering is back and very obvious. Yeah there is no screen tearing.
(05-29-2017, 10:15 AM)gregory Wrote: Most of post-processing effects on Okami are removed in D3D.

When I set CRC level to OpenGL recommended, the post processing effects are not removed (tested it). They seem to work pretty much perfect (besides ghosting which is at least partially fixed by half-pixel offset), I just wanted to know if anyone else tested it further. At least there aren't any other bugs with this game, and the sound is fine.

BTW, tried the plugin and it works great! No screen tearing, and stutter-free. When this will be merged to public branch, and with AVX2 plugin support?
When people with nvidia cards will have reported back what I asked we are actually banging our heads onto.