Microstutter when in fullspeed?
(06-04-2017, 05:40 PM)mirh Wrote: Press space, sorry if I forgot to say.

OK. Both cube tests trigger G-Sync. They seem to run at 32fps, and for a very brief moment afer pressing space there is tearing. It doesn't matter if I force vsync in the drivers or not (but I don't get tearing if G-Sync is disabled). Moving the mouse causes extra flickering, when G-Sync is enabled. Maybe those tests don't use exclusive fullscreen? The mouse movement thing is something that I assume by my own experience, but it doesn't mean that it's an absolute truth.

(06-04-2017, 05:40 PM)mirh Wrote: p.s. dx11 should have some specific calls to get exclusive fullscreen (which we don't use) so of course that has no v-sync

Sad That's the backend where I can force G-Sync (and exclusive fullscreen) with that SpecialK dll, although I have to boot games in a certain way.

Not related to this, but maybe you can help. What do you think could be the reason why 3Dmigoto (https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases) isn't hooked when I use PCSX2 on Windows 10, but it worked on Windows 7? It's as if PCSX2 ignores the d3d11.dll completely (I don't get any logs from that wrapper, no OSD, no hotkeys, etc). 3Dmigoto is 100% necessary for the 3D Vision implementation I made a few months ago.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

Sponsored links

Sorry for the extreme delay but it seems there's some weirdness with forum notifications.

Anyway, long story short is that there's no actual exclusive fullscreen in GL, drivers hacks aside.
AMD, intel and nvidia seemed to quite agree on how to trigger these, but nvidia is making us mad.

And you not having teraing in none is really by all means a freaking bug.
Again, I'd ask for somebody to test <381 drivers, since I found some reports here and there about a lot of related thing breaking there.

As for 3Dmigoto.. I dunno, perhaps it might be a problem with their being condemned to use SDK 8.0 (just *very* random guessing)
Or perhaps.. did you try some newer version? I see a lot changed in this later year.
(06-08-2017, 02:43 PM)mirh Wrote: Again, I'd ask for somebody to test <381 drivers, since I found some reports here and there about a lot of related thing breaking there.
Ping.
(06-13-2017, 10:55 PM)mirh Wrote: Ping.

Sorry for not answering before. I've been very busy with work lately (and will be for the rest of the week) and I'm also developing a 3D Vision fix for Tekken 7, which is consuming almost all my free time (almost finished, though), and for it I need the current drivers I'm using because they have a driver profile for the game.

I'll try to do tests on the old drivers you need on Sunday.
When the fix you posted is going to be merged? worked perfect with 382.33 drivers, stutter and tear free.
I'm going apeshit if somebody of the totally-not-helpful people are bumping again the post like I had said plain nothing.

Gregory is on vacation anyway, so you'd just better do your homework.

Investigate HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm\VistaBltStub (stubbed in dwmapi.dll)
And if nvidia's nvwgf2um.dll and nvoglv32.dll swapping might play any role
Sorry for taking soooooooo long. I had been pretty busy with work and also working on 3D Vision fixes during most of my free time (I'm finaly on some vacation starting today), and changing drivers can screw some things with DX11 games.

I cleanly installed the 378.92 drivers, and G-Sync is doing the same weird stopping-resuming stuff.
Mhh what has G-sync to do with this thread?

Also.. what weird stopping-resuming?
(07-21-2017, 07:31 PM)mirh Wrote: Mhh what has G-sync to do with this thread?

Also.. what weird stopping-resuming?

We were talking about it in the previous page. Maybe you don't remember Tongue2. The game constantly stops and resumes, dropping fps at regular intervals. Only when G-Sync triggers in OpenGL (which is the new thing about your custom build. It happens when the emulator is in fullscreen).

And well, the emulator getting official G-Sync support would be a great thing (as well as 3D Sad ).
uff..

So.. let's put that aside.
With your shiny new 378 drivers.. How does my cubes sample do?
Can at least one of them exhibit tearing?