Microvu
Actually what is the use of Microvu ? (from latest beta)

Actually I only hope that FMV of FFX2 will run full speed without graphical error with this lastest beta but still not working though.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy

Sponsored links

IIRC It is new recompiler of VU, but for me It has same speed and compatibility.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
(06-05-2009, 04:55 PM)nelsonz Wrote: Actually what is the use of Microvu ? (from latest beta)

Actually I only hope that FMV of FFX2 will run full speed without graphical error with this lastest beta but still not working though.

It's a new (momentarily alternative) recompiler for the VUs.

At the moment it's a bit slower while the compatibility is already very good (on par with the old recompiler). As far as I know it has the potential to become faster and more compatible in the future.
It's the new VU recompiler, which will eventually substitute supervu. It is in serious need of testing, so as the changelog says, if you feel like it please enable it, test it and report any bug in the thread I created in the bug reporting forum.
It IS slower now. And will be for some time. So no complaints, thanks

It will be faster when eventually we get to multithread it, but that will require time
(06-05-2009, 06:46 PM)Krakatos Wrote: It IS slower now. And will be for some time. So no complaints, thanks
for me it's about 2% faster than the reg VU recompilers. it all depends on the user's system I guess
ohhh ... Thanks I try to test this function with several games.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
(06-05-2009, 06:51 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(06-05-2009, 06:46 PM)Krakatos Wrote: It IS slower now. And will be for some time. So no complaints, thanks
for me it's about 2% faster than the reg VU recompilers. it all depends on the user's system I guess

More likely game dependent, i've tried it on Dragon Quest 8 and it is running @ around 60% speed as compared to when not enabled...
CPU : Intel Core i5 750 | GFX : GeForce GTS 250 1GB | Sound : Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
RAM : Kingsston 4 GB DDR3 | Casing : CM HAF 922 | OS : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
It also seems to be cpu dependant.
Intel CPUs seem to like Super VU (the old VU recs), but AMD seems to like microVU.

for example:
in the ffx intro, microVU with speedhacks is faster than Super VU for me (using an AMD x2 4400)
IIRC, for rama with a C2D its about the same speed as Super VU.

microVU will get faster and more compatible; and eventually it will be threaded for even more speed.

There are a few reasons microVU is slower than Super VU:
1) Flag updating. Super VU has a hack to optimize out a lot of flag updates. I coded a similar thing with the 'status flag speedhack' for microVU. So technically speed comparisons between the recs should have this hack ON to be justified. (If I turn off the hack in Super VU it will most-likely get 12~20% slower)

2) microVU will be a lot slower than Super VU if you enable any of the clamping modes. The reason is that Super VU doesn't clamp everything it should have, so microVU does about 75% more clamping when set to 'normal'. Currently though, microVU's clamp mode should be set to 'none' because it seems to be the most compatible mode with it.

3) Bugs can cause slowdowns. In the beginning when compatibility was low, there were some games that were really slow with microVU, but after bug-fixes they ran at full speed. If games are really-slow with microVU and not with Super VU, then it will most-likely be fixed in the future.

4) More accurate. microVU is especially accurate with flag handling and the VU pipeline. Because of this, some things are slower than Super VU which basically mimics the important stuff but doesn't accurately emulate a lot of 'odd' cases. (for example: Katamari works on microVU because of its accurate flag-instance linkings on branches)

5) Not fully optimized. Its still in beta stages and there's still a lot of optimizations I need to code.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(06-05-2009, 06:46 PM)Krakatos Wrote: It's the new VU recompiler, which will eventually substitute supervu. It is in serious need of testing, so as the changelog says, if you feel like it please enable it, test it and report any bug in the thread I created in the bug reporting forum.
It IS slower now. And will be for some time. So no complaints, thanks

It will be faster when eventually we get to multithread it, but that will require time

Can you use both at the same time?

For instance I have noticed when I only use the MicroVU recompiler I get errors. When I use the "normal" VU recompilers on the beta, I get a similar error.

But if both are on, viola! It works. And mostly the error(s) occurs when the sprite of the main character has a collision with the environment (usually on in certain places, like a glitch) and also when the camera angle changes, especially if it's placed behind something else and is rendering there instead of what it was just on, like my character.

Just wondering if that maybe is a bug/glitch more so than an error because of the recompiler(s). I will post the errors just in case it's useful but if you can give any information about utilizing both recompilers at the same time please by all means. Thanks in advance! Keep up the wonderful work.

A big fan,

Cillian
you can use them in any combination you like (if you couldn't, then i would have just made 1 checkbox Tongue2).

If you know games that have problems with mVU though, please mention it in this thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7484-page-1.html
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code