Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition hangs forever on loading screen.
Hi, previously, I used to play Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix on my MacBook Pro with Windows. It played fine, with an ISO, but would hang forever with the CD. I even made a thread about it. Now, though, with this computer, a Dell Optiplex 755 with a Core 2 Duo e8400 and ATI Radeon HD 5670, I can't seem to be able to play it. I have the same problem, even though I'm using an image. Basically, it just hangs at the screen for the scrolling text. Any way to fix that? Thanks.
Intel Core 2 vPro (C2D) E8400 3.0 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB GDDR5 RAM
4 GB DDR2 RAM.

Sponsored links

plugin settings? emulator settings? pcsx2 version?

all could be useful info if you can provide it please.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

PCSX2:
"0.97.387m (svn) Oct 5 2010"
Plugin Settings:
GS: GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16
PAD: LilyPad svn (r3878) 0.10.0
SPU2: SPU2-X (r3429) 1.4.0
CDVD: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
USB: USBnull DRIVER 0.7.0
FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0

Settings Default for these plugins, but PAD was modified to support my controller and GS was modified for Resolution and DX11.

Default PCSX2 emulator settings.

Before, I needed to up modify the settings to get the game acceptable, but with this I didn't. Before, I also got the game to load with default settings, but it was unplayable.
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
in what way was it unacceptable before? what you could do is load the game with the settings which work, press F1 to make a savestate (just incase) then escape the emulation, change the settings you need to, then go to System -> Resume

Well, before it would lag a lot, and only with frame skipping and speed hacks and what not would it play, somewhat. But whatever setting I put, it would load the game, as long as it was an image. I've tried the same settings, but nothing seems to make it work on the new computer. Is there anything I need to enable in the computer's BIOS, first? VT or something?
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
Hi again. I brought all the settings and files from my old computer, which I tested to work, to my new one. Nothing. Also, I noticed something strange. Another game I have, V8 Supercars Australia, would not play without the original DVD on my old computer. If I used an image, it would tell me that there was a disc error. On the new computer, it acts as if I had the DVD in. Same with Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix. Any ideas? Thanks.
4 GB DDR2 RAM.
Sounds like the ISO got corrupted during transfer, or while it was on your old PC. You'll have to remake it Smile

Thanks Smile, but it still doesn't work. Same issue. I even tried putting it on an external HDD, and my tower still does the problem, but when connecting it to my MacBook Pro it works.

Hmmm
4 GB DDR2 RAM.