Minimum spec for a stable 60fps at 480p
I am wanting to build a pc for my 480p crt tv which has component since modern graphics cards do not have support for component.

I have a 9800GT I can use for it but its old and I would need a good cooler for it, but wanted to save a bit on cpu so didnt want to splash out for a i7 or i5 if its not needed to run a game that intense.

I want to play games without framerate drops(unless the drops are emulation issues and not cpu issues) and do not plan to use filters just run game at 640 x 480 at most putting in a simple filter to smooth some jaggies(not that its needed)

System ram I assume isnt that important, I have 4 gig in my bedroom pc at moment but a unused 8 gig in cupboard somewhere so I can take that and put it in bedroom pc whilst using the 4 gig in a emulation rig.

Sponsored links

The 9800GT will cut it for SOME games at 480, but not all. Ram is not that important, 4GB will be fine.

For a CPU, if you want to go the cheapest you can, get an Intel Pentium G3258 and overclock it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, OC the hell out of that Pentium. Also, I would try to get a gt740 and maybe try to find an adapter to hook it up to your TV.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well I do have a 4870 x2 card but that is a real power hog and I just want ot to emulate.

I think certain 6870s have tv out but cant seem to find any.

I know regular 4870's do but they ran very hot, my old one ran 60 degrees idle.
Remember that PCSX2 is far more dependent on CPU than GPU, so if you are gonna spend money, best to spend it on the CPU.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah that was why I was hoping 9800GT would be enough if I got a good cpu.

A 4870 can be bought for about £25 used which will work and my friend has a working spare 4870 x2 he can give me.

I do have a HDfury2 but cannot get it to work at all for my pc, works on my blu ray player and cable box no problem though.
4870 should be enough.

Just for my information, what are some games you wanna play? The G3258 will handle most games just fine in PCSX2, but a few, specially demanding ones that require software mode as well it might slow down on. So it's important to know.
The only demanding games will be Tekken 4, Tag and 5 but I suppose I can play them on my real hardware, it was more for savestates in rpgs like Suikoden 3 4 5, Tales Of series, Wild Arms series, Parappa games, Onimusha 2(I can play 1 and 3 on PC) Dragon Quest 8.

In essence games that werent re released on PS3 in HD versions since I have a PS3 to play them with.

Technically if I was also desperate I can just make some rips from my originals to run off my modded ps3 its just almost all rpgs I want to play.

That being said I may try some platformers like Jax Or Sly series but again can play them on real hardware, its just games where a a mistake can cost a lot of backtracking I want it for.

Oh maybe RE Code Veronica though I have PS3 version.

I dont mind paying £100 for a cpu, and rather have one that isnt under strain, I currently have a Pentium G series in bedroom which runs very cool(8 degrees cooler than my watercooled i7 even on idle) but notice cpu usage is a little bad even if theres no real slowdown i.e it says 18% just for firefox.

As long as I can get a motherboard under £40 I am fine, I have quite a few old matx cases here. etc
that's quite a lot of money for a few games...
Isn't your PS3 backwards compatible ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-21-2014, 09:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's quite a lot of money for a few games...
Isn't your PS3 backwards compatible ?

Partly, its a EU model which isnt fully compatable despite being a launch 60 gig one, and all my games are imports.