Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Graphics Cards
Mobile Graphics Cards

I'm slowly learning more and more about tech info and a lot of other things from this forum. I must say thanks to all those who support this site Smile

I have three questions.

There is NVIDIA and ATI. Which is better for this emulator? Which is better in general? And is the GTX 280M a good card (since I'm looking at this laptop?

I noticed that NVIDIA focuses on shader speed while ATI focuses on pixel shaders. I also noticed that some graphics cards, such as the HD 3870 X2 has the largest core speed.

I'll throw in one more question:

What is the most important thing to look out for in a graphics card that makes it better then the rest?
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram

Sponsored links

Nvidia is better than ATI if you use PCSX2, at least that's what people say. I'm guessing it's due to better drivers and such, but the release of ATI Radeon 5850 and 5870 might change that. I'll be getting the 5850 myself (assuming people review it well).

In general, I have no idea. Yes, the GTX 280M is a great card, one of the best for laptops at the moment.

I have no idea, but I can list a few important ones. Speed of the GPU (processor and memory, yes the GPU has a processor), capacity, support for technology (DirectX 11, etc), ports (HDMI is important), and memory type.

Of course, those are all important things.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

the GTX280M is one of the best yes and pcsx2 is more nvidia orientated

a thing to look out for is for example a card comes in both GDDR2 and GDDR3 version
the GDDR3 will be a lot faster than the GDDR2 in general
[Image: 1454055.png]