Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobo question+^_^+
my first thread!!! +^_^+
anyway I'm looking at buying the i7-3770K and was wondering what Motherboard you would all recommend, I'd like to see suggestions ranging from the cheapest (economy still hurts me) to top of the line mobos.
Don't worry about my budget, just want to see suggestions for now+^_^+
Thank you ahead of time for your replies!+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.

Sponsored links

I generally stick to asus boards, they tend to offer a good set of features (including most importantly overclocking!) as well as been an all round high quality bit of hardware. Not sure what offering are available for ivybridge, but if i was getting one, thats the route id take Smile
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
im using a gigabyte mainboard right now (because im not at home)

and its the touchiest piece of crap i've ever used.....

Press any key on the keyboard during bootup = delays on the loading operating system
RAM in slots 1 and 3 (Channel 0) and it believes theres 8GB (4GB USABLE) when theres only 4GB!

***** i hate gigabyte.....
(04-20-2012, 03:06 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: im using a gigabyte mainboard right now (because im not at home)

Press any key on the keyboard during bootup = delays on the loading operating system
RAM in slots 1 and 3 (Channel 0) and it believes theres 8GB (4GB USABLE) when theres only 4GB!

well, now i know why you get cranky+^_^+ I'll avoid gigabyte at all costs then+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
whatever your brand preference

make sure it has solid caps that are made in taiwan or japan

NOT IN CHINA.
This is what I wanna buy

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S...7V_DELUXE/
[Image: 53146021.jpg]
thats a full atx board, so make sure your case can fit it
(04-20-2012, 03:06 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: im using a gigabyte mainboard right now (because im not at home)

Hah i know the feeling, the Mrs PC has been buggering around for ages, randomly blue screening for no reason (all components tested), nvidia driver randomly TDR'ing when idle. Swapped the motherboard temporarily for a Foxconn board, all fixed.

Gigabyte used to be good Sad
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
My P35 era Gigabyte has a couple BIOS bugs that force it into a 3 cycle on-off-on situation.
It takes that long to finally try a default configuration which then boots.
The main issue here is that each time all the HDD spin up, only to loose power, only to spin up again.
Can't be good for them.
yeah my current motherboard (x58) and older system (p45) do that too (both gigabyte), it seems to be related to overclocking, turns on, turns off, turns on again, though only on a cold boot where all power was removed from the system (unplugged) or messing with some bios settings related to ram / cpu.
Intel Core I7 930@3.5GHz(TB, HT), 6GB DDR3@1600MHz, Geforce 970 G1