Modding ISOs
I'd like to figure out, or ask someone, if there's a way to modify isos. In such a way that lets you say, open one up, change an enemy HP total, and repackage it as new. I'm not talking replacing character models or animations, just some numbers. I realize this isn't a simple task, it's why I'm coming here on the forums and not reddit. The game in question is FFXII international. I dont believe this is currently possible, but it surely can't be more complicated than creating the emulator in the first place no? I'd like to do as much as I can to help see this through fruition. My specs incase it matters.
CPU: i7-4790k, GPU GTX980, SSD-850EVO, Windows 10 64bit-Pro.

Sponsored links

Yes, it's possible. You just need to know the original value of the enemy HP total, then look up where that's stored in the file to replace it. And you'll need a tool that can access/replace files in a DVD iso without damaging it.
And good luck with that if the file containing that info is compressed.
You can change the enemy hp too the same way you use cheats to change your character hp.

I've killed some annoying bosses on some not very interesting games that way...find the address of his HP,reduce it to 1 and one hit kill him(it's better to use 1 instead of 0 because in some cases,setting 0 makes the enemy immortal)
http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ps2-...ages-3773/
You can use this to patch cheats straight to the iso, but since you're using the emulator it would be easier to just use a pnach file.
(02-25-2016, 08:52 PM)JonyeGway Wrote: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ps2-...ages-3773/
You can use this to patch cheats straight to the iso, but since you're using the emulator it would be easier to just use a pnach file.
In the case of enemy HP, if you use a pnach file it locks the value you set in the pnach file, making the enemy immortal too.
(02-25-2016, 08:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: In the case of enemy HP, if you use a pnach file it locks the value you set in the pnach file, making the enemy immortal too.

Perhaps a conditional code would work?
(02-25-2016, 08:58 PM)JonyeGway Wrote: Perhaps a conditional code would work?
Yes, but that might be a bit hard to make for people with little (programming) experience.
It would be simpler just to keep a cheatengine window open and alter it that way.
You can use for the condition the enemy hp...for example lets say that this is the address for the enemy hp you are fighting against
D10468F0 00002710 - the enemy have 10000hp when you enter the battle
110468F0 00000001 - set his hp to 1

And yes,it is much easier to use a memory editor
Well the idea is to have a shareable ISO that has the mods intact, without a save editor. SO that for example, I could make the game more difficult or something.
What I am trying to say is, I like the IZJS version of FFXII. But it's too easy with the overpowered magic/weapons that come with it. I'd like to balance this out, by making enemies have more HP. Bosses don't need this work in my opinion they are proper.