Modding PS2 game ISO Help.
Music 
Hey guys Guilty here! Had a question maybe one of you awesome fellas' could help me out!

So here's the scoop yo; I have gather a few very talented individuals in the modding field for a project we want to start for both enjoyment and education. What is this project you ask? Well let me dapple the elaboration! As you already know the the most amazing game ever (Super biased opinion AHOY!) FFX had a.. HD remake... Glare While that's all good n' gravy it didn't really suit our taste. Sure they update some (Hardly..) textures, sure they updated the music (Meh) and sure they added a slick new UI (Actually looks awesome!) however it wasn't enough! (At least to us) So that's were we come in! Cool

SO the problems we're currently having after a weeks search:
- Where can we find utilities or tools to modify a PS2 ISO's assets.
- Concrete guides or tips?

Our Goals for Project X (Erm we haven't agreed on a name yet)
+ New Music!
+ Replaced or Sharpened Textures
+ New Meshes? (If possible) If not then swapping out all the low detail faces bodies with the high detail ones.
+Sphere grid stat re-balancing
+ Nude mods! ( JKJKJKJKJK LOL)

That's the basic jist of it.

I look forward to hearing back from you all and thank you ahead of time

Zen is the game of insight, the game of discovering who you are beneath the social masks.
~ R. H. Blyth

Sponsored links

This sounds like a great idea but also a pretty big undertaking. Here's to hoping you get the help you need to get starteed! Smile
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Any news on this? I'm still looking forward to remastered music and HD textures. Laugh
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(10-01-2014, 01:31 PM)GuiltyGod Wrote: SO the problems we're currently having after a weeks search:
- Where can we find utilities or tools to modify a PS2 ISO's assets.
- Concrete guides or tips?
if you don't even have a clue about it then, you should not call your group as talented Individuals in modding field. Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hi karasuhebi,I visit the CPU Intensive Games...Really marvelous games..Thanks for your informative shares..I will let you regarding this CPU games doubt..I will come back shortly..Keep in touch with us..Thanks in AdvanceBiggrinBiggrin
If you really want to mod a PS2 game, I'd highly recommend you to actually extract the ISO's contents. It will make it a lot easier, then you can repack it into an ISO.
Since you are trying to mod a Final Fantasy game, you could probably find tools somewhere on the internet to even crack open files.
Are you actually trying to port it, or just make a "remake" of sorts for the PS2? If the latter, you will have to optimize the textures to what the previous texture used. Assuming the FF games use the same settings as most PS2 game music (32000Hz, likely ADPCM), it shouldn't be hard to replace music.

Once again, the tools are likely scattered around the internet.