Monster Lab not wanting to work.
I've tried playing this game on PCSX2, and it hasn't worked for me at all. Whenever I load the game, just past the Playstation 2 logo, it loads for a few seconds, then goes to a black screen with purple lines across it, and stays like that. The most recent time it did this it says 'Status 0' in the top bar.

It's never worked no matter how many times I've tried it. I'm playing it on the most recent version of PCSX2. The last few messages I'm being given in console are:

==========================================================
Thread Priorities:
Sound Tick = 9
Main RPC = 58
Loading RPC = 59
==========================================================

loadmodule: id 32, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥MODULES¥STREAM.IRX;1 args 0 arg
Exit MultiStream V7.3 Thread Load
loadmodule: id 33, ret 0

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored links

Nice to see someone from google code come here Smile

looking at our last test, the game is only playable with software mode set in gsdx.

could you post all your pcsx2 settings and your pc specs? thanks!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-04-2011, 07:58 PM)refraction Wrote: Nice to see someone from google code come here Smile

looking at our last test, the game is only playable with software mode set in gsdx.

could you post all your pcsx2 settings and your pc specs? thanks!

Other than the latest update (2.whatever), the settings are all on default.

Not sure how to get up the full specs, but here's what I can find:

Intel® Core™ i7 CPU
870 @ 2.93Ghz 2.93Ghz
8gb RAM
64-bit Operating System (Win7)
okay can you try that change in the gsdx settings for me and see if it makes a difference, also if you could use Fast boot instead of full boot.

(10-04-2011, 08:05 PM)refraction Wrote: okay can you try that change in the gsdx settings for me and see if it makes a difference, also if you could use Fast boot instead of full boot.

Checking my Plugins, it says I am using GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r4600]. Is this right, or?
With that cpu you could probably use the SSE4 version which may provide better performance once this game works or another game works Tongue, but yes, you need to go to Config then gsdx then plugin settings, and change the dropdown box that has "DirectX 9 or 10 (Hardware)" to say software in the brackets, then trya gain.

also what version of SPU2-X are you running? you should be running 2.0 at least.

Ah, yes! That got it working. Thanks! Is the Software version superior, or something? Or should I change it back for other games? The only downside is, it very rarely runs at 60fps; it's capping out at about 25fps during play.

Also, the other two Gsdx plugins are saying I have insufficient resources or such to run them.

I think I'm on 2.0. I downloaded a plugin which I'm using, but the title bar says 0.9.8.
Try switching back to hardware later by pressing f9. Software is slower and more accurate. Hardware mode tries to do everything on the gpu, which can often be wrong Sad[/align]

(10-05-2011, 12:11 AM)refraction Wrote: Try switching back to hardware later by pressing f9. Software is slower and more accurate. Hardware mode tries to do everything on the gpu, which can often be wrong Sad[/align]

hello i am having the same problem. i was able to get the game to run by changing to software but the fps is in the low 20's and makes the game hard to play i was wondering if there was anything i could do to change that. Also i tried the f9 but it didnt really make much of a difference. thanks
Please open your own thread as this one is 3 years old
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]