Monster Rancher 4 Disc Swap Oddity
Maybe try ripping the MR2 disc with a different program (e.g. ImgBurn).

You could also start mucking around with the files in the ISO.
That is what determines the monster, you know. Tongue

Other than that--
There are countless ways to hack/mod/cheat the ones you want into your game.
A quick search with Google should show you that. Wink

Sponsored links

how would I muck files in the iso?
Well, today I was fiddling around with PCSX2 with the ISOS "Monster Rancher 3" and "Monster Rancher 4" and I discovered a way that the emulator will switch to the F: drive to read discs at the Shrine in both games. However, it seems that whichever discs I use will always end up with the same monster each time. In "Monster Rancher 3" it's the Moochi, and in "Monster Rancher 4" it's always one of the Antlan coloured... But at least it's a start. And I'm not too sure about the "Monster Rancher 3" one, perhaps if you are further in the game than I was while trying this, it'll work better, because I was just at the beginning of the game. "Monster Rancher 4" I was about 15% completed when fiddling around with this. But you should give it a try, and see if you get any different/better results. :)

>Go to Shrine in game
>Select "Spawn from Saucer Stone"
>When it says "opening disc tray" before you hit "Yes" go to the PCSX2 screen and change the "CDVD" to "plugin"
>Select "Swap Discs" when prompted (at this point if there is an error, START the entire emulator program over, and try again)
>Make sure to go into your "Plugin settings" and change to the F: drive
>Get your disc ready (CD always worked better for me)
>When prompted to put a disc in at the game screen, close your disc tray.
>Wait for the disc to load COMPLETELY (meaning that the options screen for the disc pops up on screen)
>Press "X" in-game
>Wait for it to read data in-game
>When prompted to change back to "Monster Rancher 3/4" disc, reselect "ISO" from "CDVD" section
>Wait for the monster to regenerate.

So I guess it's a start for disc swapping.:3 Hopefully they patch the ISO so that it works better, and has better regeneration for monsters. It's be nice.
Does anyone know if there are any codes for "CodeBreaker" or for the emulator itself, for "Monster Rancher 3/4" that will fill your Book with monster data, so that you can regenerate any monster from the Book? Because it'd be fantastic, being that the disc swap is currently not good/not working... I'm pretty sure you need some sort of variety for monsters for when you're adventuring later in the game, I read that you're required to have a flying type to get to a certain point in the game, and had something to do with the ability to get to the S Class stages in the game... Not sure if it's actually accurate or not, but it'd still be nice to have some variety for monsters, being that the most you can get is from tablets you find, or "Monster Rancher 3/4" disc... Which isn't much...
(10-10-2010, 12:27 AM)heVOICESad Wrote: Update:
I've tried converting the PS2 ISO's to other formats (.bin and .img).  No dice.  Back to square one.

If you use ps1 isos the swap works. It doesnt work for ps2 isos, not sure why, but it works.