Monster Rancher 4 - Disk Swapping update
Hi guys,

So Ive been playing with this platform (pcsx2) for the past few years on basically just 1 game (rotk). But I started playing monster rancher 2 on epsxe and then i finished it, went on to monster rancher 4 (yes i skipped 3)

So everything went smoothly when suddenly i tried to regenerate a monster. and then i couldnt. I mean I could, but it kept on giving me the same monster over and over again for different variations of disks.

So i went on and read threads here and online about the problem and it seemed to persist until 2014 and then poof no more. (P.S. i did try numerous methods, iso to plugin, plugin to iso, daemon tools, what have you)

So I was just wondering if there is an update to this? and also, if I someone has found a workaround/fix ? (no all monster in the book hax please.)

Thanks

Sponsored links

Saiki knows a way to make it(monster generation) work with PSX discs, but I don't know of any way to use PS2 discs.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh thanks,

Ill give that a look at. I dont think itll help me though as I have already disposed of all my PS1 CDs Sad.

If any one knows how to make this work with DVDs/PS2 CDs, please do share Smile
I have cheats to open up all the available monsters, among other things, if you're interested.
(03-09-2015, 01:55 AM)owchzzz Wrote: (no all monster in the book hax please.)

(03-10-2015, 12:14 AM)Coornio Wrote: I have cheats to open up all the available monsters, among other things, if you're interested.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hi guys,

Ive grown desperate to raise something other than my garu -.- ... So, I might give the hack a try.

Could you point me towards the all monster in the book hax?

Tongue LOL
(03-10-2015, 11:42 AM)owchzzz Wrote: Hi guys,

Ive grown desperate to raise something other than my garu -.- ... So, I might give the hack a try.

Could you point me towards the all monster in the book hax?

Tongue LOL

There you go. Do read the notes inside it.
Some item codes are commented, either because you're not supposed to get them AT ALL (those have garbage icons) or because they are plot items and i'd rather not risk breaking the game.
Also i've added some item codes for items you get when you complete some unknown conditions during the + dungeons that i didn't see in any other cheats online. They give some bonuses to monsters methinks.

Attached Files
.pnach   0EF3697B.pnach (Size: 7,85 KB / Downloads: 1.644)
Thanks Coornio.

But keep this thread open for when someone finds a solution/the problem has been fixed. I hope we get to play monster rancher 4 to its full extent in the near future.

MR is one of the best games i have ever played. And id like to relive that experience.

Thanks all.
There is an issue on Github about it, and disc swapping affects more than just this game, so hopefully it gets fixed.
(03-10-2015, 03:38 PM)Coornio Wrote: There you go. Do read the notes inside it.
Some item codes are commented, either because you're not supposed to get them AT ALL (those have garbage icons) or because they are plot items and i'd rather not risk breaking the game.
Also i've added some item codes for items you get when you complete some unknown conditions during the + dungeons that i didn't see in any other cheats online. They give some bonuses to monsters methinks.

Uhm... question. How do you even "read" that attached file. its a PNACH file. Never even heard of that before.