Monster Rancher disc swapping: Possible yet?
Question 
Hey, I ripped Monster Rancher 4 to my PC the other day and just realized that I'm probably gonna have a terrible time trying to swap discs to get new monsters.

I remember playing the original Monster Rancher on ePSXe and swapping discs (I think) and it wasn't too rough of a time, but Googling around it seems like this was impossible with PCSX2. Unfortunately there seem to only be a few topics/comments relating towards Monster Rancher, and they're years and many updates old.

So basically, is it possible to swap discs on the current version of PCSX2? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Sponsored links

I'm pretty sure it's possible to swap discs. I'm not sure if it would work with Monster Rancher. Usually when you're in game and you load another .iso while in game, you get a popup asking if you want to swap discs/reset the console. Theoretically it could work.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
You might give a try using gigahertz plugin & 3rd party software like daemon tools.
This way, you change your disc in daemon tools, not in pcsx2.
But cant guarantee MR 4 will get it ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, my current PCSX2 setup is using "cdvdGigaherz (r4488) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]". I'll have to try it myself to see if it works or not, I just wanted to know if it was even worth the effort getting it working.

No one has actually tried before on Monster Rancher 3/4/EVO?
there are many threads about this, but I actually never got interested in them. Thus, didn't bother searching Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, that's the thing. All the threads and posts that I found were very old, and basically said "No, it won't work". I think the most current one I found was from 09.

Obviously plugins and emulators get updated, people figure new things out, so I wanted to see if anyone knew if it's been "fixed"...
Just try it out and report if it works or not then if there are no recent posts on it.
hey guys , the disc swapping is working if you use a Playstation 1 CD Images ( in ISO/BIN format).
just do the normal ISO swapping when in the shrine and you'll get new monster for sure.
its really works..

i already post this in other thread, but still its a good news so i post on this thread too Smile
Disc swapping works without a PSX Image, I did it when I worked with Codebreaker 10 to choose the patches and then it asks me to start up Final Fantasy X-2 where the emulator automatically asks me if I wanted to restart the Emulator or Pause switch disc and then continue or something. It's been awhile that I had to do it this way for cheats before I got decently well known about pnachs.
(02-11-2013, 12:14 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Disc swapping works without a PSX Image, I did it when I worked with Codebreaker 10 to choose the patches and then it asks me to start up Final Fantasy X-2 where the emulator automatically asks me if I wanted to restart the Emulator or Pause switch disc and then continue or something. It's been awhile that I had to do it this way for cheats before I got decently well known about pnachs.

sure, the disc swapping is working fine i also tried with codebreaker since the begining. but in Monster Rancher 4 case is different ..

when you try to spawn monster from saucer stone (which require disc swapping) not all dvds or cd can do . the problem is when you promted to put back Monster Rancher 4 iso the emulator keep saying " The Monster Rancher 4 disc is not in the disc tray" or even crashes.

so i tried many ways to figure it out and this is the result

1. when you use ps2 dvd/images to swap it will end up " The Monster Rancher 4 disc is not in the disc tray" (both method, plugin and iso swapping)
2. when you use pc cd games (not dvd) it will work, but only spawn a Mushtan (plant monster).
3. when you use a dvd pc games the emulator will crash. (both method, plugin and iso swapping)
4. when you use a PSX cd to swap ( using plugin method) it will work, but only spawn Antlan coloured monster.
5. when you use PSX cd images to swap (using iso swapping method) it will work and spawn a different monster (its true.!) . but in order for this to work, the PSX cd images must be in format of .ISO or .BIN

here i attach some screenshot of my pcsx2