Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most annoying bosses in video game history
Name some of the most annoying bosses in games you've ever played.

Annoying doesn't mean difficult, and thus let's exclude arcade shooters.

A few examples, from the top of my head:

Psycho Mantis - Metal Gear Sold 1
Screaming Mantis - Metal Gear Solid 4
Time Devourer - Chrono Cross

As for the reasons why:

Psycho Mantis:
Constant Hiding, being unable to attack unless using the 2nd controller for the fight. Back then, the top-down view made this fight difficult (This was ruined in Twin Snakes, in my opinion)

Screaming Mantis:
Without spoiling too much, small targets, using allies as shields..

Time Devourer:
All 6 elements had to be used in a specific order, this included enemy spells, and one out of order, have too start all over again.

Sponsored links

Culex from super mario rpg legend of the seven starts:

Too much hp and can attack 6 times including his crystals, which have about 3000 hp each, not hard just annoying.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
kingdom hearts ice titan at gold arena
Ashley in Resident Evil 4. She is not a boss, but she is the daughter of Leon's boss.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
Yunalesca from FFX. She will rape you if you don't know her gimmicks, which would be anyone who never played before lol. I remember my rage back in 2002...

Seymour Flux from FFX. Same as above, although he can be difficult either way if you don't have your characters leveled properly.

Radec from KILLZONE 2. Radec himself is rather simple to beat, but you have to take out an entire friggin battalion with no checkpoints just to fight him. I did this on Elite difficulty and I regret nothing.
Prince of Persia 2008 every mid game BOSS in the game you need to fight it 3 times to kill and there are 4 of them and you end up with the most boring and Annoying game Laugh
Bowser in new super mario WII, too big enemy Tongue2
The two Pyramid Heads in Silent Hill 2 at Hard difficulty:

Take the Handgun, shoot 2 or 3 times, run to a different corner of the room, repeat for about 30min.
FX-6300@4.4GHz | Noctua NH-U9B SE2| Asrock 990FX Extreme3| Sapphire HD7850 2GB| 2*4GB AMD Performance Memory 1600MHz Cas8| Intel X-18M 80GB G1| Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB| WD Caviar Green 2TB| Samsung S24B300 (LG Flatron L1720P)| Antec Three Hundred| Gigabyte GT-E8000| OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W| Gigabyte GM-M6800
(05-02-2013, 10:05 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: Prince of Persia 2008 every mid game BOSS in the game you need to fight it 3 times to kill and there are 4 of them and you end up with the most boring and Annoying game Laugh

u mean sands of time or warrior within & is it for pc?

Not an annoying boss,but in prince of persia sands of time.
When there is tough puzzles,i think they are the most annoying thing for me.
I hate them seriously,what is the link between these hardest puzzles with game story?
Okay i know these should in the game to make them more interesting,but sometimes they irritated me too much arrrggghhhhh.some more examples are Gow games.what do u think?
(05-02-2013, 09:37 PM)Preet Wrote: u mean sands of time or warrior within & is it for pc?
none of them : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_P...ideo_game)
Quote:Not an annoying boss,but in prince of persia sands of time.
When there is tough puzzles,i think they are the most annoying thing for me.
I hate them seriously,what is the link between these hardest puzzles with game story?

I guess it's just in order to preserve the original spirit of Prince Of Persia (the one by Jordan Mechner, not the latest ones that came with Sands of Time)
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go