Most crappiest settings
Hello I am very new to pcx2. I want to play my copy of guilty gear xx ac and I tried lots of configurations and even tried putting ntsc framerate to 80 speed!

Yet it always goes back down to 50fps when the round starts ( it runs at 90fps in character select screen but goes down to 50 in the actual match )

I am guessing this may be due to guilty gears flashy sprites and backgrounds. ( I can play my copy of 3rd strike very smoothly without any configuration )

Is there a way to remove background or sprites or something? I really don't care if I even end up with no sound or no background or graphics that look like atari. I just want to practice my combos.

Bodler.

Sponsored links

Now that's a right thread tittle Smile

You got things all wrong. For example changing NTSC default to 80 you just told the emulator it's expected to render at 80 FPS when it already was not getting the nominal. There is an user on the forums attempting to get the emulator running for slow machinesa and his method passes for halfing or at least reducing the TV standard, like he puts NTSC at 30 FPS and try to compensate it increasing the frame limiter something around 175 to 200%. His idea may help something but it breaks a lot of things also, starting by the sound, but...

Now, the game running quickly when the load is small and then falling the FPS when the load increases is normal and the FPS above 60 for NTSC is bad news also, consoles are designed to run on TV and so they are designed to run at "steady" 60 FPS for NTSC or 50 FPS for PAL.

That said, leave the framlimiter on, what could help your machine are the speedhacks.

Finally but the most important: you did not tell us what are the machine specs, what's it CPU and GPU, so how do you expect we can even know how to give more specific recommendations. More yet, the game you are trying to play is what dictates the demand on the machine, not the emulator and in this particular case I don't know the game and don't know what to expect from it. Just than before you telling us the specs and what was already attempted on the emulator's config, don't expect much of help.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks, these are my pc stats

http://gyazo.com/ceac6f40657d8ce7f99e47be1461adc6
http://gyazo.com/632b8abd994befaa31eb085dfd50ae1f

I have attempted some stuff , tried different settings from different youtube tuts who claimed to have the best settings for crappy pcs. I don't remember exactly what I did though. But speedhacks was one of them.

I have run accross other threads talking about how they also have difficulty playing the game, for a 2d fighter it does demand a lot from a pc I have to admit.

I know my pc is very weak and the game is high demanding.. but it's still a 2d fighter, there must be a way to beat down the settings to a pulp
Yeah, those specs are from an old machine and will not play many games nicely.

Yours seems to be the case where the last hope is Billyash tweaks, mainly because you already stated would not care if the sound becomes weird.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown - I'm pointing to his thread but you must know that is a very "daring" speedhack, but may enhance things for you, then may be worthy a try.
(03-24-2013, 01:03 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: ... consoles are designed to run on TV and so they are designed to run at "steady" 60 FPS for NTSC or 50 FPS for PAL.

That's not entirely true. Most console games run at 30 FPS. FPS in PCSX2 is actually virtual FPS.
(03-24-2013, 02:00 AM)metalmallow Wrote: That's not entirely true. Most console games run at 30 FPS. FPS in PCSX2 is actually virtual FPS.

really?:s
(03-24-2013, 01:41 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Yeah, those specs are from an old machine and will not play many games nicely.

Yours seems to be the case where the last hope is Billyash tweaks, mainly because you already stated would not care if the sound becomes weird.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown - I'm pointing to his thread but you must know that is a very "daring" speedhack, but may enhance things for you, then may be worthy a try.

i can't believe my thread was crappiest :d
(03-24-2013, 05:03 AM)billyash Wrote: i can't believe my thread was crappiest :d

Hey, no, actually you have something there, dangerous for sure but may be useful as the famous "desperate last resource" Smile

Edit: the comment was a joke, to try and break the ice to tell the OP he was getting things all wrong.

@metallmallow

Talks about FPS and refresh rate differences were already discussed, no need to return to them here and again. Including the prospect some PS2 games may use the trick of rendering at low FPS and compensating at PS2 output (not different in principle from what Billyash is trying to accomplish, just than in the game the sync is granted in the code).

Anyway I hope the reference is not to interlace techniques since it is another subject. What is sure is the TV is a tad rigid about the signals coming to it.