Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Most effective way to use PS3 controller.
So I remember being able to get a PS3 controller to work on PC. If I remember correctly it was some program with a god-awful UI (which looked like it was based on IE6 or something, that awful) that got it working. Something named "Motion Joy" or something.

So, has that changed any?

I notice that current versions ask for Libusb. What is this, where is this, and how do I correctly get a controller operating on it?

If there's an existing post that would be well informative then please link me to it.

I'll use the awful program again if I have to, but I'd like to find a "cleaner" method that's just as effective or better.

As far as Bluetooth goes, my BT is internal and a part of my wireless card (One of Intel's Centrino cards. It's still a pretty nicely high-end card).

I just want to get one working to play Devil May Cry 3 again. I could play KH and stuff with my Logitech controller but not DmC.

Would also like to use it on the new DmC if possible to use it on PC games.

Thank you.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

Motion Joy is the best there is at the moment.

I believe the "God-Awful Graphical User Interface" comment was a bit out there. I think it is just fine.

I have had the most success with version 6.00.5.0

That is by far my favorite Release.

Considering the utility is open source, and is compatible with over 5 different bluetooth devices. I would say it is rather good.

-Cons
Cant use it offline

-Pros
N/A everything is a pro
Maybe they've improved it. I haven't used it in a year. I didn't like it visually the last time I tried it, that's just a fact. But it's functionality was alright, which is what really matters in the end, but still...

I think the "can't use it offline" bit is because they inject it with Ads and if you don't want that then you can't use it.

Yes, you saying, "I didn't like it" is a fact.

Saying it had a god awful GUI is an opinion.

-_-
[Image: fce83de3fccde7688106186a8ae952895093c33e.png]

Ninja Edit : Oh and I found it, "Motioninjoy" huh? I wonder what the "in" bit in the middle is supposed to mean. I guess that other names were just taken or something.

Edit 2 : I can't seem to find where to download version 7.1000 ... Is this still in testing and isn't available yet?

No one is upset here.

The correct term would be astounded.

The fact that you took a jab with me with the instigating comment, "Thats just a fact."

I simply cannot think of a real world use for that phrase, without being slightly rash with someone.

note, thanks for taking the time to pull up the fancy pic.
Didn't mean it to sound like anything more than "I'm not changing my opinion until I see something better". Sorry if I sounded a bit arrogant, insensitive, or egotistical to you (I do get called all these quite a lot), as if I really believe that my opinion is something that's important (though I do, since I'm me and I like me). But I do think you took me a bit too hard. I'm not doing much serious criticism here, I'm actually in a joking mood.

I'll see what the newer versions have to offer. I hope it's not the same ad-ridden UI it used to be.

Edit : Yes, it's the same. Well, beggars can't be choosers. Still, I dislike many of the visual contents of this and I know many people that would agree with me. But again, beggars can't be choosers and nit-picking this based on visuals alone would be a bit bitchy for me or anyone to be doing, since we don't really have any room to judge being that we can't build anything better. Fair enough.

Still curious as to what Libusb is.

Glad to come to an agreement. Yes the visuals are not the best, but I do think they are organized, and they are very easy to use, and considering it is meant to be a minimized program, it does the job with flying colors.

When there is a new release of some form of ps3 controller usage youll find out about it. It isn't hard to improve on garbage. -Cpt. Price

Edit:

7.0 releases are on the way, you can download betas but they don't work very well, (or in my case at all).
There is an alternative to Motioninjoy called Xinput which most people prefer on this site it seems. I always tolerated Motioninjoy because i thought it was the only option, but then I started getting controller glitches in PCSX2 so i looked on here for an alternative.

This post is what started me off: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Phantom-B...#pid282268

No online verification stuff with Xinput, just plug and play. Simple as that.
I'm looking into that now. It looks much more interesting.