MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - LOW FPS
Rainbow 
Hi All! Sorry for my English Wub
Is it normal, that i get only 25~35 FPS in the game on this hardware?

AMD FX-8300
8 Gb RAM
GF 750Ti 2 Gb

MaxxMEM2 RAM test score is: 10 Gb/s copy, 10 Gb/s read, 5 Gb/s write

I used latest Dev and Stable releases, standard settings and also have tested with Direct3D 11 (Hardware) GSdx option, but it does not affect on FPS. I get all the same 25~35 FPS in any way

OS is Windows 7 64-bit

Any ideas? Also, i use European version of the game

Sponsored links

Yes, your CPU is not very good for PCSX2 which relies on single thread performance. Your CPU has a STP of under 1400, where 1600 is recommended. I suggest you turn the MTVU speedhack on(go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab) and maybe move the EE and VU sliders a little to see if that helps.
(11-19-2016, 05:15 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Yes, your CPU is not very good for PCSX2 which relies on single thread performance. Your CPU has a STP of under 1400, where 1600 is recommended. I suggest you turn the MTVU speedhack on(go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab) and maybe move the EE and VU sliders a little to see if that helps.

How it can be? I've tested Tekken 5 and Gran Tourismo 4, which is (on the assurances) the most exacting on emulation hardware games, that runs at 45~60 FPS on the default settings. Also, on an older version of PCSX2 and some speedhacks i get constant true 60 FPS of Tekken 5 without any glithes
About older version : not suprising since newer versions are more accurate, hence more demanding too.
Now, keep in mind motor storm AE may be more demanding than gt4 or tekken 5
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go