Movement controls do not respond in Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy
I am having a problem when emulating Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for Psx, more specifically, all directional motion controls are completely unresponsive. By motion controls, I mean only the D-pad, not the X-O-square-triangle buttons, nor the R-L-1-2. Also, the unresponsiveness happens only when trying to move in the map, menus work fine with all directions.

Let me specify where I am at currently:
I have followed this startup guide to the very letter on all recommended settings, starting the emulation successfully with perfect emulated speed (pretty fast PC).
Watched the intro, tweaked some settings on the GSdx plugin ("Allow 8-bit textures, Enable HW Hacks->Alpha, Sprite) to get rid of the graphical bugs.
Then, I reached entering the first map, tried to test movement (then mapped pad1 on Lilypad), went back to the game and noticed that right-hand buttons, R-L and start-select worked, while I was unable to move apart from square. I toyed around with analog sticks (Psx doesn't have 'em, nothing worked of course), switched to SSSPSX PAD 1.7.1, with absolutely no difference in the experience.

Is there any more necessary info I can provide? Could you provide at least general directions as to where it would be plausible for the problem to be? I might have missed basic points since I am a noob, so go all out on the questioning. Thank you in advance.

EDIT #1: For the record, I use a keyboard, but I seem to have found the solution.
So, the mistake was... my own assumption I guess? The game seems to recognize analog controls for movement, instead of D-pad (I assumed that it's a PSX game, thus it wouldn't use a feature missing from the old controller).
Also, I was really un-thorough with the way I checked things, when testing for the analog stick binds. Really sorry for wasting your time, and thank you very much for giving me that pointer (to Lilypad settings instead of emulation/anything else), because however minor it seems, that was what led me. Case closed, good luck and thanks again.

Sponsored links

Uhm, could you be more specific with what controller you're trying to use?
I'm pretty sure that either one of the following is the case:

1) You completely screwed up the bindings for your controller
2) Lilypad doesn't like your controller all that much

So there's two things you need to do.

1) Get us a screenshot of your lilypad settings
2) Tell us which kind of controller you have

Cheers.
Just look at your disc. it's a PS2 game
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-26-2015, 03:21 PM)Coornio Wrote: I'm pretty sure that either one of the following is the case:

1) You completely screwed up the bindings for your controller
2) Lilypad doesn't like your controller all that much

So there's two things you need to do.

1) Get us a screenshot of your lilypad settings
2) Tell us which kind of controller you have

Cheers.

Edited the post, problem solved, thank you very much and sorry for your time. Good luck!
(03-26-2015, 05:43 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Just look at your disc. it's a PS2 game

Good point. I bring shame to my own name. I feel sickened by my own incompetence.
If you have a spare PS3 controller laying around, you could download the drivers necessary to use one with PCSX2. I have used the SCP Controller Driver, and it even does stuff like Button sensitivity and vibration! It so far has worked for all of the PS2 games I have tried.
(03-29-2015, 02:35 AM)KilledAlive Wrote: If you have a spare PS3 controller laying around, you could download the drivers necessary to use one with PCSX2. I have used the SCP Controller Driver, and it even does stuff like Button sensitivity and vibration! It so far has worked for all of the PS2 games I have tried.

Interesting, I will keep this in mind for future reference, but I do not own a PS3, and if I wish at some point to buy a controller, I'll probably buy a cheap imitation to do my job. Thank you for the info regardless.