Moving saves from one build to another
Hello

Id like to first start by thanking you guys who have worked on this emulator. Playing my PS2 games on my tv looked terrible but with this its more as if I was playing the PS3 HD remake.

My question is the following
I downloaded r4907 in order to play Devil May Cry 3 and SotC in a better state. I just wanted to know how I can move my saves from 0.9.8 to this newer build?

Thanks

Sponsored links

just moe the memcard files and load them into your new build Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-05-2011, 08:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: just moe the memcard files and load them into your new build Wink

lol so simple

thanks for the quick response
Just remember that Savestates are not compatible between major revisions of the emulator... only memorycard saves, and even minor changes in revisions when using savestates can cause glitches. So if you are primarily using savestates, make sure to go back and create actual memory card saves.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-05-2011, 09:22 PM)Koji Wrote: Just remember that Savestates are not compatible between major revisions of the emulator... only memorycard saves, and even minor changes in revisions when using savestates can cause glitches. So if you are primarily using savestates, make sure to go back and create actual memory card saves.

whats the difference between a save state and memory card?

I just want my Persona 4 saves which I have on the 0.9.8 memory card
Save states are a PCSX2 feature, where you can save a game whenever you want and load it through that state whenever you want. You can save by pressing F1, load by pressing F3 and F2 to cycle between 9 slots for each game.
About memcards, what the others told you above do what you want Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-05-2011, 11:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: Save states are a PCSX2 feature, where you can save a game whenever you want and load it through that state whenever you want. You can save by pressing F1, load by pressing F3 and F2 to cycle between 9 slots for each game.
About memcards, what the others told you above do what you want Wink

Ah so a save where I can just save wherever I want instead of having to wait until I get to a savepoint, etc.

Ill use remind myself to stick to memory card saves.

Thanks for the responses
The best use of save states is for temporary saving, between normal memory card save spots on a game. Memory cards are way more reliable than states, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use them at all, just don't abuse them Wink
not sure if I'm allowed to ask here, but it sorta have to do with savegame/savestate, but has the issue with Xenosaga Episode I already being resolved?? That u can't save in the first part and that u have to use savestates instead? I was quite far and I forgot to use the savestate, so I used a save device and it crashed my game.
Nope, there are still certain save points that will reset the game