Multi-button presses and combos in PCSX2?
Hi all,

I was wondering about how to utilize multiple button presses in PCSX2. I'm using the Lilypad controller plug-in, and it doesn't seem to be able to do "press down X amount of buttons then do a series of button presses while holding down the first X amount of buttons".

Examples include:

1. Lulu's Fury overdrive in FF-X.

2. Drakan's in-game codes (Press series of buttons after pressing then holding L1 + R2 + L2 + R1 in that order)

3. FPS games. Strafe, jump, and shoot at the same time for example.

I checked a couple of alternatives, but with no success. I tried TwinPad, but it simply doesn't work. Every time I start up my game, it says "Combos file not found!" even though I have the file in the inis folder. So that's out. I also checked into using a PS3 controller plugged into my computer, but I can't seem to get the installation process to work and the "New hardware found" wizard freezes up when I try to do auto search or doing "Have Disk". I'm also leery of downloading gaming stuff from sites cuz a lot of these have viruses and malware, so I have no idea which sites are clean and legit, and which ones aren't.

Does anyone know how to make Lilypad work with multiple button presses / hold-downs simulatenously? Or do I have to configure something specific? If not, what other options are there? Are there any easy fixes for PS3 controller without dealing with the new hardware wizard?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

Bump. Is there anyone who can help with this?
I use a Rumblepad 2 and I have no problems with holding down more than 2 buttons, in fact I've used reset (R1, R2, L1, L2, Start, and Select together) often
I guess your problem is using keyboard;P those have max button pressed and can be quite limited by their layout especially if you're binding stuff to cursors(arrows) and keys around them(one of the reasons W/S/A/D is more popular;P), it doesn't have anything to do with lilypad or any other controller plugin. You can either play using keyboard+mouse or get a pad for those problematic games.
My PS3 controler works perfectly. Use Motioninjoy, altough horrible there isn't any easier alternative to make it work perfectly.
I do have my own PS3 controller because I currently own a PS3. When I put in the PS3 controller's USB plug into my computer's USB socket, it initates a "New Hardware Found" wizard. It says I need a Human Interface Device plugin or software. I check online and find a few, such as sixaxis and a Japanese-programmed plugin. At this point, I am a little leery because I don't know which sixaxis plugin is legit or virus infected, cuz I know some emulation or emulation-related sites intentionally have viruses in their downloads. Same idea with torrent and other "massive" download sites. I avoid these like the plague.

Which PS3 plugin is legit, most up-to-date, and easy to install without using the "New Hardware Found" wizard? That wizard always hangs up on "searching" or freezes up when I try to browse or use "Have Disk" option.