Old post Wrote:Currently checking the SIO to see what weird voodoo magic is at place cuz my logs show whateverness (or it could be due to lack of sleep). So, this is what I currently know from making Pokopom. (Yay! Using LibreOffice... for something.)
My guess is that the Multitap for PS2 uses the extra words for the pressures, making it 20 bytes per controller instead of 8. Which is why they're incompatible I suppose? Cuz I've read that you need a PS2 Multitap for PS2 games, and when using PS1 games you need the PS1 multitap... on the PS2.
So, PCSX2 handles Multitap on its own. It deals with the header and just calls PADsetSlot to tell the plugin which controller to use on next poll. Except that it just doesn't seem to work. Similar to Issue 1326 where PADstartPoll ain't called when it should've been called.
I'll try to get some decent logs after I get some sleep.
#EDIT: This is a SIO_Remake thread now. Test builds attached.
- Added support for raw PSX memory cards (mcd/mcr)
- Fixes issues with pads on port2 (eg, Issue 1326, Gladius Co-op )
- Fixes multitap (eg, TimeSplitters)
- v7: Hazardous but fast memcard check for AutoEject. Allows support for multitap. Beware of memory card corruption. (discarded)
- v9: Same as v7, but bettered.. yeah
#Note: Sio rewrite files are on the pcsx2 folder, separate from the diff changes.
#Note: v5 is pre r5622, v6+ doesn't include commited changes.