My Amateur PCSX2 Playstation 2 Emulation FAQ
Hi guys!

First, I want to thank all the people who have worked on or are still working on this fabulous program PCSX2. I have had many hours of fun using it already and I want to personally thank all of you for making such a program available. I really appreciate all the work you guys have already done Smile

I am a huge emulator fan--I frequently use Playstation, SNES, N64, Dreamcast emulators--so I thought I would make in my own little area on the web a FAQ/Guide/Walkthrough for PCSX2 to possible give any extra help I can to people who want to get their hands dirty with this great program.

You can visit my guide here: http://tinyurl.com/36pqzyy

It contains a lot of information and hopefully easy-to-use guides on how to install, upgrade, and maintain PCSX2 and a little brief information on how to configure PCSX2.

There is also, using screens to guide users, a guide for recommended settings under PCSX2, as well as the hardware I am using so others may extrapolate what performance they can expect to get on their own hardware configurations.

In addition to the above, I have compiled a small compatibility list of the games I own which include titles like Final Fantasy X, XII, Resident Evil 4, Yakuza, Yakuza 2, Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Kingdom Hearts, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and more.

If you would like specialized help with any of the games I own listed in my compatibility list, don't hesitate to ask me in this thread or the thread I've linked to!

P.S.

I also have a guide on how to install drivers to use a PS3 Dualshock 3/SIXAXIS Playstation controller on Windows PC which you can see here:

http://tinyurl.com/3yfo7d9

Cheers!!

Sponsored links

Not bad Wink As far as configuring, I can't see anything the official guide doesn't have but it's more compact and maybe better for lazy people. The speed/settings section could be useful to people as well so good job on that.
Oh and an error:
Quote:PCSX2 initially started off with a less ambitious software emulator for graphics in the ZeroGS series of plugins

ZeroGS is not a software rendering plugin, it uses DirectX9 or OpenGL (for the opengl version of the plugin). Way way back we used to have a software only plugin called GSsoft

Edit: Uhh you people talk there about downloaded BIOS and stuff so unless it is removed I will have to delete your links...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
"Edit: Uhh you people talk there about downloaded BIOS and stuff so unless it is removed I will have to delete your links... "

Sorry about that! I'll delete any talk of that asap.

And I'll fix the errors, thanks for the heads up! Laugh

EDIT: I put a notice not to talk of any illegal stuff, and I deleted anywhere I could where it was mentioned (I'm not a mod there so I just asked anyone else to delete the stuff themselves).

It'd be cool if you could make this a sticky Laugh
Well we already have loads of stickies and the configuration guide pretty much covers all this, so it stays a normal thread Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
How about a friendly link in your official configuration guide? It's not too bad an alternative as you said right?

Come on, let's be amicable. Help a fellow hardcore Final Fantasy fan out Tongue