My Game Speed Boosted Itself?
So I recently downloaded the emulator and already started playing some games with it (Persona 3 FES and 4). So far it's run fairly smooth, up until I got to a boss battle in P3; the usual slow-mo boss intro happened, then all of a sudden, my game's running at a million miles an hour!

I have no idea what just happened, I tried resetting the emulation settings to defaults, but it hasn't changed a thing. I'm at a complete loss, and if anyone could help out this poor emulator noob it would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

Did you accidentally apply the turbo/turn off the framelimiter? Sounds like it.
Possibly? I didn't manually activate a/o deactivate anything myself while playing the game, so I guess it could have done it by itself...?

For future reference I had the emulation settings on Preset 2.
Doubt it, but oh well. Are you using a keyboard or gamepad? If it's the former, you might have toggled a shortcut hotkey. If it's not an on-going issue, you shouldn't worry.
I'm using my PS3 controller, so I doubt I accidentally toggled a hotkey. I'll check tomorrow to see if it's still doing it.
be aware the TAB key toggles the turbo while F4 toggles the frame limiting. at the title bar you can see the mode, try those keys till getting "normal" there again.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Wow, sure enough, the frame limiter was off. I must have hit F4 by accident somehow.

But now that the frame limit's set to normal, I'm having weird dips in the framerate. I'm guessing that I'll just have to deal with that?
(01-30-2013, 08:20 PM)El_RobMan Wrote: Wow, sure enough, the frame limiter was off. I must have hit F4 by accident somehow.

But now that the frame limit's set to normal, I'm having weird dips in the framerate. I'm guessing that I'll just have to deal with that?

We can't tell without knowing your machine's specs. Maybe manually tweaking the VU cycle steatling and/or EE cyclerate speedhacks may help.

if your's is a 4 or more cores CPU you may try setting on the MTVU hack.
The machine that I have the emulator is on a laptop, and a non-gaming one at that. The processor is an Intel i5-3210M, which if I read correctly, is only a dual core, so I guess I shouldn't mess with that MTVU thingy you mentioned.
(01-30-2013, 08:48 PM)El_RobMan Wrote: The machine that I have the emulator is on a laptop, and a non-gaming one at that. The processor is an Intel i5-3210M, which if I read correctly, is only a dual core, so I guess I shouldn't mess with that MTVU thingy you mentioned.

Yes, MTVU will does more harm than help if dual core since it's an attempt to use more cores on a CPU (2 already taken by the emulator and GS and a third used by the GUI if available).