My Katamari is too slow! (Literally)
Hi all,
I just finished setting up Katamari Damacy, and it runs great albeit with one problem: my prince moves too slowly. Aside from this specific issue the rest of the controls work fine and respond correctly in menus (moving at the correct speed)- this problem only occurs when I try to walk forward or backward whilst playing a level. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity of the game pad but haven't noticed any difference.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
Sorry, here are my specs.
Hardware specs: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 (2.4GHz); ATI Radeon 4870 HD; Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
PCSX2 version: 1.0.0.r5350
All default settings.
Playing Katamari Damacy from an ISO file.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Just replying to say I am also having the same problem. Having no issues with the game, besides the fact that the Katamari appears to move slower than it should. I've checked videos of Katamari Damacy just to make sure, and it does appear that my Prince moves slowly, comparatively. Makes it difficult to play obviously. I am also using an Xbox 360 controller (USB) to play, and have set up the controller plug in accordingly.

If it helps, my specs are:

Hardware: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275, 8gb memory (1066MHz, I think), Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
PCSX2 1.0.0r5350
Running 2x native and custom controls on LilyPad
Katmari Damacy from ISO
Possibly a pressure/sensitivity issue with the XBOX360 controller. I heard it does that alot and it's like it's always on half pressure level on the analog stick.
Fixed. On all the Left Thumbstick and Right Thumbstick controls, I simply upped the sensitivity, and now I have no issues with control sensitivity. You want to be careful not to set it too high because that will apply full pressure if you move it just a little out of the deadzone. (This is on LilyPad. I can provide screenshots if need be)

I set mine to 2, and it seems to be pretty much perfect. Hope this works for the OP.

This basically confirms what VIRGIN KLM said, and the default sensitivity for the analog controls (at least for 360 controls) is not high enough to achieve full pressure. It was essentially making you "walk" everywhere, because that's what it was detecting.