My PC isn't low end but.................
Question 
According to the "Low End PC - Compatibility Games List" thread, my PC is not low end:

Intel Core 2 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.87GHz with 1 GB of RAM
NIVIDA GeForce 9600 GT
Windows XP SP2 32-bit

However, the fps I got is still slow Angry when playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories (ISO):
[Image: shsm1.png]

I am using Pcsx2-r2522 and settings are:
[Image: pcsx2setting1.png]
[Image: gsdx91.png]
[Image: spu2x1.png]

As shown in my settings, I run the emu with the lowest resolution and without sound, in hope of speeding things up, but failed.........

So, what else can I do to speed up the low fps please? Don't tell me to upgrade my PC hardware because I don't have enough $$$ for now Blush

Thanks for any replies! Laugh

Sponsored links

Use Direct3D10 if you have Vista or 7 and btw it's actually a low end system. AND use Hardware mode which is a lot faster .
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Your problem is obvious: Your CPU is a dual core without hyperthreading == 2 threads. You've set 3(!!) threads for GSdx software and adding PCSX2 it is a total of 4 threads trying to run on a 2 thread system. Result: Super low FPS and probably really crap system responsiveness (if not stall).
You should also know we do not support SVN compiles here, only the latest release and official beta.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for your quick reply, Gwitz!

I only have Windows XP 32-bit SP2 and DX9..........again, I don't have enough $$$ for Vista or 7.

Also when I tried to use Hardware Renderer a lot of graphics is missing:
[Image: shsm2.png]
(01-30-2010, 02:38 PM)dc2698 Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply, Gwitz!

I only have Windows XP 32-bit SP2 and DX9..........again, I don't have enough $$$ for Vista or 7.

Also when I tried to use Hardware Renderer a lot of graphics is missing:
[Image: shsm2.png]

Must be because of using Direct3D9 don't really know, what options are u using in GSDX ? Are you using any Speedhacks ?? And BTW try the r1888 beta , as Bositman said SVN are not supported here. So try r1888 then post something Smile

EDIT:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-71.html <-- Find it there, also make sure to download the latest plugin package so we can offer better support next time !
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
The game is known to have issues with Hardware mode of GSdx. You can either play it in software with sub 10 fps or use hardware and live with the bugs
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for your quick reply, Bositman!

So you suggest me to use SW rend. threads 1 or 2, right? I saw SSSE3 is supported so I chose 3.

Okay I shall switch to use the official betas then.

BTW, is there any speed hack method for pcsx2 please?
(01-30-2010, 02:44 PM)dc2698 Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply, Bositman!

So you suggest me to use SW rend. threads 1 or 2, right? I saw SSSE3 is supported so I chose 3.

Okay I shall switch to use the official betas then.

BTW, is there any speed hack method for pcsx2 please?

Yes, there is. Go to Configure > Speedhacks and try the different options to see what are most suitable for the game and for your playability !
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
To Gwitz:
Speedhacks? How can I get these and do these need new installation and configuration?

To Bositman:
Oh I see that is a known issue. BTW, do you know about the Speedhacks that Gwitz mentioned please?
(01-30-2010, 02:48 PM)dc2698 Wrote: To Gwitz:
Speedhacks? How can I get these and do these need new installation and configuration?

To Bositman:
Oh I see that is a known issue. BTW, do you know about the Speedhacks that Gwitz mentioned please?

They're already on PCSX2 download r1888 and then do:

Configuration > Speedhacks Smile
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM