My PC not adequate for PCSX2?
Greetings, and I hope this is in the right area. It says discussion and support, so one would logically assume . . .

Am I wasting my time trying to get this to work? I have my PS2, and all my games are legitimate, but my son hogs it so I was kind of hoping a kind soul on here would know enough and be willing to give me a hand. (even if it's to tell me to stop wasting my time). Cut-scenes work great, sound is acceptable. Frame rate drops to 10 to 20 once game actually begins (even at what I think might be the least intensive settings.) . . . this makes it rather difficult to play my games, expecially FFXII.

I have the following specs:

Windows 7 RC 7100 64-bit OS
CPU's are AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62 2.048 Ghz (each)
4.00 Gb RAM (3.75 usable)
GPU is Nvidia 8200M G (256mb card) (yes, it's a laptop - is that killing me? it also has 1500mb shared system memory)
MMX Capable
SSE Capable
SSE2 Capable
SSE3 Capable
No SSSE3 or SSSE4.1 available
MMX2 Capable
3DNow Capable
3DNow2 Capable

I am using:
Gsdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
SPU2-X 1.1.0
LilyPad 0.9.9
Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
USBnull Driver 0.5.0
FWnull Driver 0.4.0

Could someone please post their thoughts on configuring my setup to actually run games (assuming there is a way to do it at all). Thank you very much for your kindness and expenditure of time and effort. Any further information you may need, or I may have left out, do not hesitate to tell me.

Sponsored links

ff12 is very gpu demanding, you're are limited by your mobile graphics chipset. you can only try the usual "tricks": run the game as an iso from hdd with linuziso, upgrade your pcsx2 and plugins to their latest betas, activate some/all speed hacks. don't expect any wonders though, mobile computers usually perform worse than their desktop counterparts and often have problems with overheating during the execution of such demanding applications like pcsx2. so if you experience any extreme slowdowns or ups and downs during emulation, it's the power management trying to save your hardware by underclocking Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403