My Speed
i doubt this is the main source of your performance loss, but open your nvidia control panel and disable the physx processing support using GPU should help a little bit, nvidia recently bought out ageia, so physx support is written into the drivers for all of their cards of the 8xxx series and above, you'll only really want it on for PC games that support physx processing and even then some of the old ones that were developed to use the old ageia addon cards need an update to use the nvidia implementation of it.

honestly, it's kind of a mixed blessing imo having physx support through your nvidia card GPU, the biggest thing making it nice to have with the ageia cards was it was offloading from CPU/GPU having to do the work with a dedicated PPU on a seperate card, as it stands right now to use it takes up extra GPU time to add the support, the 2xx and 3xx series of newest and upcoming nvidia cards maybe have dedicated PPU support instead of tack on GPU support (hopefully anyway) though, which would get it back to offloading instead of adding to it a tiny bit. Smile

Sponsored links

Physx enabled in your Control Panel doesn't have any performance effect on Games Not Utilizing Physx Support anyway. So that's not going to have any impact on/off for PCSX2 Plugins.
Enabling a Physx toggle setting within a game (to enable Physx heavy renderings), but then not having Physx enabled in the control panel is a different story, and will cause fps problems.
Ninja
ah ok, i was under the impression that it would use at least minimal GPU time "idling" with physx support left enabled but unused Smile