My Speed
Ok, i guess I'll ask here and see What's going on.

What average FPS Should i be getting with these specs:

Acer Aspire 6920 Laptop
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Graphics/Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9500m GS 512MB
Windows edition: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

I'm asking this because my other Computer has Quad 2.4's, and it's getting more than double the FPS. But since PCSX2 can only put 2 of the cores to use, i don't see why there is such a big difference in speed, and if you've seen the first thread i made, you'll know that i actually used to have way more FPS on the laptop. I used to have a 1.8Ghz single processor Computer, and my PCSX2 is running at about the same speed as that (maybe a bit faster).
anyway, back to the original question, what FPS should i be getting with my specs?

(sorry if i'm breaking any rules by posting 2 threads about the same thing or something)

Sponsored links

Varies game to game.
It's not going to be great regardless cause 1. clock speed, 2. mobile processor; about the best you can hope for is to make sure you have that OS running as lean as possible (ie. cut down to as few processes as possible), disable any powersaving modes you may have, using the highest performance power profile you can use etc..

I would assume not much more than ~30fps, maybe more depending on how certain speed hacks interact with games.
Ninja
(03-08-2009, 12:20 AM)Trigun Wrote: Varies game to game.
It's not going to be great regardless cause 1. clock speed, 2. mobile processor; about the best you can hope for is to make sure you have that OS running as lean as possible (ie. cut down to as few processes as possible), disable any powersaving modes you may have, using the highest performance power profile you can use etc..

I would assume not much more than ~30fps, maybe more depending on how certain speed hacks interact with games.

Well i guess For the purpose of this thread i'm going to say that Kingdom Hearts II is really all i'm that interested in. When i first got this laptop, i could get 40-50 FPS, but yes, you're right, 30.1 FPS, realistically, is the highest i can get at the moment... I Just dunno why though :/
Thanks for that, though Laugh
The usual suspects:
-Vsync is enabled
-Energy saving saves you from good performance Tongue2
-driver problems (reinstall all important ones)
-Too much heat, making your hardware throttle down

Ah, and yes, you should be getting about 50 to 60fps with moderate GSdx settings and no emu misconfiguration.
you should have a stove like laptop cooler put it on the top of the laptop..
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-08-2009, 12:51 AM)rama Wrote: The usual suspects:
-Vsync is enabled
-Energy saving saves you from good performance Tongue2
-driver problems (reinstall all important ones)
-Too much heat, making your hardware throttle down

Ah, and yes, you should be getting about 50 to 60fps with moderate GSdx settings and no emu misconfiguration.

Suspected something similar Laugh thank you very much, you've given me hope Laugh

EDIT:About re-installing drivers...I've never had to do it, and thus have no idea of how to do it. I know how to uninstall the ENTIRE device, but won't that just make my Laptop unusable? im confused...a little help?
Thanks to everyone who replied to this Laugh i guess ill look into everything i can
For the drivers, no you don't de-install them (at least I never do this).
Just go to you laptop manufacturer site and get the latest device drivers.
(You'll be looking for vga and chipset drivers mostly).
Then you just install them via double-click (Yay for Windows!) Tongue2
It's not a great idea to just throw new drivers over old ones, it can cause problems with things like cache files and settings, you still end up using old ones, but new drivers are expecting something different. It's best to uninstall, restart, use a driver cleaning program like Driver Sweeper to remove all the leftover files, restart again, install the fresh new drivers, restart one last time and bob's your uncle.
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
Yeh, I know. This is was everybody keeps saying.
Fact is i never, really never needed that. And when I did try a driver cleaner once, it gave me more trouble than helping.
So, that's some 8 years of pc experience and never did I have a problem with that Tongue2
Just installed the latest Nvidia Driver, and it hasn't helped Boost my FPS at all Sad
I really Want those FPS!
...It's like its only using 1 Core, but the MTGS mode is on, AND the affinity is set to both. it's the same even if i set the process priority to high.
any other suggestions?