My Valkyrie Profile 2 not work even with the game fixes
Every of my games work well and may only have a graphic glitches that appear and it doesn't bothering after all. But when i tried my Valkyrie Profile 2 which previously used on my consoles which now is in verge of death due to it ages. it's not working even i have activate all of the fixes that may suitable but still it's not showing any progress Blink does anyone can help
Here is my Spec

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Ati Radeon HD 5470 1 gb
2 gb Ram ddr 3
Intel Core i3 2,5 ghz
Iam Currently running it at My Laptop

the main problem is it doesn't show the main screen of the game but only a bios screen and with a words"Please Insert a PS 2 Dvd Format Disc" and a "GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400" at 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 and a warning if the System.CNF file not found at version 0.9.6 at Log Screen i 've tried an Iso version and also a disc version and also check the CNF files but it still doesn't work Does anyone can help Me?Wacko

Sponsored links

With 0.9.8 or the newest beta,make sure that System=>Automatic Fixes is enabled and start the game by using System=>Boot CDVD (Fast)
(10-27-2011, 07:37 PM)vsub Wrote: With 0.9.8 or the newest beta,make sure that System=>Automatic Fixes is enabled and start the game by using System=>Boot CDVD (Fast)

Are U Sure? cause i have the 0.9.8 Version and i have enabled the System Automatic Fixes and it doesn't work too. could you please explain what setting did you use and which version of 0.9.8 that you use? Sad
Start by making an ISO image of your disc using imgburn (create image file from disc)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Did using Power Iso is allowed too cuz iam using Power Iso to Burn My Disc Image. and i want to add additional details about this problem i burn the images not from the disc directly but i copying all files to my computer first and then using the menu i save all of the files in ISO formats. so by other means i copy the files first not saving it to ISO from the disc. is it allowed? and thanks for the help Laugh
(10-28-2011, 06:16 AM)raphael2b Wrote: ...but i copying all files to my computer first and then using the menu i save all of the files in ISO formats.
This is your problem,that's not how you are suppoused to make image of PS2 game(especially not with this game).There is a really small chance that a PS2 game can work that way.

ImgBurn is the recommended program for making PS2 images
PowerISO is very crap. It cannot even make the image of its own virtual drive. I use PowerISO to burn PS2 discs and they don't work at all. I used it 2 years ago but I switch to Alcohol 120% soon after.
imgburn or alcohol.
well seem that my problem is just been solved the main problem is because the disc is not well and it is solved after i burn a new image and not only that its completely like at PS 2 the FPS is above 30. there is a file that Power Iso didn't make. a 5kb file kinda like a system file maybe that's why it didn't work and the identifier when it makes an images file is completely different it says a Playstation when i used it from the disc directly but it's turn into NTSC when in HDD .i only use Power Iso for mounting an image file when installing a games. thanks for the help guys it help me a lot sorry for the trouble anyway Laugh
Don't need to use virtual drivers, use the supplied ISO reader selecting the iso directly from the CDVD menu. Anyway, an old issue with virtual drivers that relied on SPTD seen to have been already corrected.

Quoting Alcohol site FAQ "If you upgrade your System to Windows 7 please make sure that you remove both Alcohol and SPTD if you do not you will find that Alcohol will not work due to problems with SPTD.
After upgrading you will be able to re-install Alcohol. ". Just make sure you have newest version and you should be fine.
Imagination is where we are truly real