My fps just dropped by half, and I can't figure out why...ideas?
I've been playing the game Suikoden 5 for over 100 hours now (game clock) and the fps hasn't been a problem for me at all, round 60 per normal. I've even used turbo mode to grind levels, getting up to 120 fps no problem. Today I load up the game, and my fps is stuck around 30. I haven't changed anything (to my knowledge) so I'm confused as to what's happening here.

Any ideas why this happened, and better yet how to get it back to how it was?

Sponsored links

As any mod will say:

Quote:In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

- Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
- The version of PCSX2 you are using.
- Any non default settings you are using.
- What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Oy, not sure if I know all that.... let's see...

Intel® Core ™ i7-4700MQ CPU @2.40ghz

8.00 GB RAM

Windows 8, 64 bit operating system

PCSX2 icon lists it as 1.0.0 (r5350), where while running it it lists it as 1.1.0.5766

I'm running suikoden 5 at the moment, from ISO.

I'm not sure on default settings; set it up with a guide weeks ago.

If I missed anything, let me know. I'm not very good with computers and get confused easily and will admit that up front. I can get things done with guides and what not, but it's not intuitive to me. I used a guide to set this up weeks ago, and it's been working fine until today.
1.1 is outdated and unsupported.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Geesh, sorry I asked. Didn't expect such cold responses from here. I know we're all on computers here, but a little human kindness goes a long way.
It's a default response Bookworm hardly cold =). You can get PCSX2 1.2.1 Here. Just click on your operating system and download.
oh, sorry. you didn't get it.
Just to add precisions : update pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Seeing you on laptop throttling comes to mind, along with heat issues, not using max performance in power settings, not using pcsx2 with the laptop plugged in.
Ehm did you press ctrl/shift/alt +tab ? this activates the halfspeed mode
Honestly don't know. I tried several things today to no avail, and ended up beating the game at 30 fps. I load up a few hours later to check something, and the fps is back to normal. not sure what happened, but whatever. I'll update it before my next game and go from there.