My games
I will soon get q9550 2.8 ghz processor, so please can you recommend best pcsx2 version and game version(PAL, NTSC).
I dont need full 60fps gameplay, I want safety to my processor.
List
Gran Turismo 3, 4(NTSC!) and maybe concept,
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
Tourist Trophy (again maybe).
I was emulating with e7500 GT4, GT3 and NFS HP2 and I was happy (altrough they were not running with 100% 60 or 50 fps)
But my hapiness ended when PC suddenly restarted, I emulated again and restart again...
Maybe it was processor overload or something else?
I will never overclock my processor!
I know this thread is little bit lame but lamier exist!

Sponsored links

BEST PCSX2 Version : PCSX2 0.9.8 (but don't forget to check the compatibly list befroe buying any game, and seeing which game would work(i mean playable).

Try searching the compatibility list at least once.

Well, q9550 @ 2.8 Ghz, is... O.K. You should post your graphics card too, that also depends on what games you might be able to play. You should try some speedhacks, well, they won't harm your processor until you select the non-reccomended ones. The game version depends on what your, monitor is able to play(i think so, though citication needed)
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
NVidia 9600GT 512MB
4GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
I use TV/monitor Samsung SyncMaster P2270HD 22 inches HD....
(06-13-2011, 08:46 PM)Neddo Wrote: I will soon get q9550 2.8 ghz processor, so please can you recommend best pcsx2 version and game version(PAL, NTSC).
I dont need full 60fps gameplay, I want safety to my processor.

Safety? Watch your temps? Because a MASSIVE load can be placed on your CPU continuously without harm, assuming it's not tweaked (at stock), and within it's intended limitations.

PAL or NTSC? Why not stick with your local region. They'll be cheaper to obtain. Wink

PCSX2 version? The latest official release. Smile
Downloads

(06-13-2011, 08:46 PM)Neddo Wrote: List
Gran Turismo 3, 4(NTSC!) and maybe concept,
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
Tourist Trophy (again maybe).
I was emulating with e7500 GT4, GT3 and NFS HP2 and I was happy (altrough they were not running with 100% 60 or 50 fps)
But my hapiness ended when PC suddenly restarted, I emulated again and restart again...
Maybe it was processor overload or something else?
I will never overclock my processor!
I know this thread is little bit lame but lamier exist!

I get kinda lost here. What are you getting at? Are you asking why your PC crashed? If you didn't mess with it's settings, and the temps were fine, the last thing I'd suspect is the processor...
So lastest pcsx2 is the best ..... (but still some games run better on older pcsx2's)
I was emulating and it suprised me with restart. I think I used some speedhacks and moved some CPU settings to speed and maybe I overreacted.
Google is my friend. He'll help me more than anybody else! Sorry, moderators you can lock this thread if you want.
Look, there is just GT4 how to enjoy it post couple posts lower!
Restarts of your computer from PCSX2 means your computer is unstable... Either it's getting too hot and your motherboard's safety mechanism is tripping, or your processor or ram are running at unsustainable settings (too low/too high of voltage or overclocking, or crappy default bios settings... rarer in this day and age but still potentially possible)

Could be just simply ram going bad too... running a ram diagnostic (either windows default one or memtest work great) would be a good idea.
[Image: 2748844.png]