My guide to playing KH II at full speed :)
First of all, here are my specs, you can use these specs as a very rough recommendedation level if you want:

CPU: Dual Core AMD (2.66GHz)
RAM: 4GB DDR2
GPU: 8800GT OC2 512MB by BFG
HDD: 150GB SATA 2 (Pagefile size is about 6GB)

Operating on Windows VISTA Ultimate with latest DX10 (March 2009)
Nvidia Drivers (182.50 Firmware)

OKAY!! now to the PCSX2 SETTINGS I AM USING:
=====================================

I am using PCSX2 (REV 1445 Build) Newest as of posting.
I am using the European ISO of KH2, so my Bios is the European (.01.60)

NOTE: if anyone can tell me how to get rid of the occasional choppiness in the game (screen tearing) help would be appreciated, I don't think V Sync in GSDX would make it better??

[Image: 1-1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 7.jpg]

If anyone knows how to tweak these settings even better for Kingdom Hearts 2, please let us know Smile thank you guys, my first post aswellBiggrin

Sponsored links

nice guide with very good information . gratz =P
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
thanks, I am actually a NOOB when it comes to all this graphics and cycle rate and VU crap,, I don;'t know what they mean I just ticked what I picked, I basically messed about with the settings and this is how I got it playing at full speed with no problems, apart from screen tearing
(07-02-2009, 01:51 PM)doofus86 Wrote: thanks, I am actually a NOOB when it comes to all this graphics and cycle rate and VU crap,, I don;'t know what they mean I just ticked what I picked, I basically messed about with the settings and this is how I got it playing at full speed with no problems, apart from screen tearing

Make us two ^^
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
LOL, I've got a Phenom AMD Triple Core, I tried it yesterday but it doesn't work, I get a blank screen no bios, do you think I need a newer motherboard? I thought the dual core board supported triple core?
(07-02-2009, 02:09 PM)doofus86 Wrote: LOL, I've got a Phenom AMD Triple Core, I tried it yesterday but it doesn't work, I get a blank screen no bios, do you think I need a newer motherboard? I thought the dual core board supported triple core?

Hey man i'm dumb when it comes to the type of cdvd configuration that you use, but people keep telling me to use. I have a question, I downloaded a KHFM2 (Kingdom hearts final mix 2) iso version of the game and when I go to select my ISO from the KHFM2 folder on my desktop it shows three IMG files I have tried each one but they don't seem to work, can you help me with this? I have a screen shot of the folder and files within it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-02-2009, 02:16 PM)Goodemen Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 02:09 PM)doofus86 Wrote: LOL, I've got a Phenom AMD Triple Core, I tried it yesterday but it doesn't work, I get a blank screen no bios, do you think I need a newer motherboard? I thought the dual core board supported triple core?

Hey man i'm dumb when it comes to the type of cdvd configuration that you use, but people keep telling me to use. I have a question, I downloaded a KHFM2 (Kingdom hearts final mix 2) iso version of the game and when I go to select my ISO from the KHFM2 folder on my desktop it shows three IMG files I have tried each one but they don't seem to work, can you help me with this? I have a screen shot of the folder and files within it.

Hmm, I have the PAL version so I don't know the files you should have but from what it looks like, I think you've got the EXTRACTED version of the game, I don't think it's a ISO it's an extracted ISO, how big are those files and what files do you have in the pad2 folder
you definitely can't load an IMG file, it has to be in ISO format for it to work!!
(07-02-2009, 02:25 PM)doofus86 Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 02:16 PM)Goodemen Wrote:

Hmm, I have the PAL version so I don't know the files you should have but from what it looks like, I think you've got the EXTRACTED version of the game, I don't think it's a ISO it's an extracted ISO, how big are those files and what files do you have in the pad2 folder
you definitely can't load an IMG file, it has to be in ISO format for it to work!!

Well the files sizes are ioprp300.IMG=271kbs kh2.img=2.73gbs and ovl.img= 1.27gbs, but how do I convert the files to an iso format?
you dont, you use a program like nero or imgburn to make the iso. you do NOT mount the files directly located on the disk.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-02-2009, 02:53 PM)refraction Wrote: you dont, you use a program like nero or imgburn to make the iso. you do NOT mount the files directly located on the disk.

Okay well I downloaded imgburn 2.4.4 from the main website, and I used it for my godofwar2 game which was in my drive at the time, to test imgburn out, and what I did was i chose an option called create img file from disc which was the closest I though was write (screen shot attached to show the options it gave and what I chose) but it ended up giving me the exact same files that were on my disc, no changes at all. What did I do wrong or didn't do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)